Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jyosua

[P4AU] SHO Minazuki - Combo Thread

I'm having trouble doing 5C > 2AB > j.C in FC combos. Idk if i'm just pressing j.C too slow.

Uh....5c > sweep > j.C? Guessing you mean the combo that uses sweep > 236a~B > jumpcancel > j.C > 5C > hop cancel > j.C? If so, gotta get the timing down for it, you do it too slow or fast you risk the whole thing dropping. Just takes practice to get a feel for the timing.

Yea I meant 5C > 2AC > j.C. I can get the j.C > 5C part but my j.C after short hop doesn't come out fast enough and I'm pressing j.C as fast as I can. Is there a height dependance involved with this or something?

As long as they arent super low or high should be able to do it. If they're too high try delaying the j.c just a little more.

"You pissed me off!" Sho taimu 2014

Yea I meant 5C > 2AC > j.C. I can get the j.C > 5C part but my j.C after short hop doesn't come out fast enough and I'm pressing j.C as fast as I can. Is there a height dependance involved with this or something?

It's more difficult on certain characters, like Teddie. And you want to hit 5C as high as you can.

Can you do the listed fatal combos off 5A fatal? If not, does anyone have a good 5A/5B fatal combo?

From what I've tested, the 5C>Hop J.C route works even off a 5A FC instead of 2C, but you do lose almost 1K damage. I would imagine the loss is less significant out of a 5B or 2B FC.

Less important, but for people having trouble with the standard combo mentioned above(out of a 2C FC), you can instead use

2C FC>Dash 2B>Sweep>236A~B>J.C>5C>Hop J.C>2B>5B(1)>5C>Rekkas ender

for 4292 damage and around 38 meter gain. I mainly use this route due to insignificant damage loss and easier execution since no need to loop 5C and hop J.C. That is just me though, and I would guess some people find the optimal route easier once they get the hang of it.

Is it better to do 5B 5C 5B 2A+B 236B~delayB~C 214A~A or 5B 2B 5C 236B~B~C 236A~A~A?  The latter seems to do more damage but it seems like the former is regarded as the BnB?

Depends on the distance since 2b will whiff if you're too far, either are fine but the first you're probably more likely to not drop/be in range for

The 5B>5C>5B is the BnB because it's infinitely more consistent, yeah. 5A>5AA not connecting from 5A's max range is the only thing stopping it, while the 2B route requires you to be practically touching the enemy's sprite since 2B's horizontal range sucks.

I have listed who they work on already in the combo thread =U

I just wasn't sure as to who's defined as a "tall" character  ・ヘ・

Is it (Yosuke, Chie, Narukami, Yukiko, Ken, Aigis, Mitsuru, Adachi, Marie, Margaret) that was listed on page 2?

I was just curious as to who 5AA> 5B> 5C> jc.B> j.C> dash 5B> 5C> 5B> 2AB> 236B~delay B~C > 214A~A, doesn't work on cause I feel  like I'd be better off learning that one first before the more universal one with hops.

naoto, teddie, kanji, minazuki/sho, labrys/s.labrys, akihiko, junpei, and rise =no work

Everyone else including dlc characters=works

Regarding 5c>j.b>j.c loops

So, about Moon Breaker, his awakening SP skill.  In training mode it seemed to be air unblockable, but I've seen it blocked in the air.  Is there a window on that?

So, about Moon Breaker, his awakening SP skill. In training mode it seemed to be air unblockable, but I've seen it blocked in the air. Is there a window on that?

After a certain distance moonsmasher is no longer air unblockable

Also for the sake of things, can we take questions to either the Q&A or gameplay thread since this is mostly for combos

Just pointing out that if you need a finisher of a standing loop without awaken, you can end with:

xx 5B > sweep > 236B > DP > 236236B

Example: 

5AA > 5B > 2B> 5C > jc.B > j.C > 66 5B > 2B> 5C > jc.B > j.C > 66 5B > 2AB > 236B > DP > 236236B [4025/32%]

Also for the sake of things, can we take questions to either the Q&A or gameplay thread since this is mostly for combos

Wrong thread.  Whoops!

Just pointing out that if you need a finisher of a standing loop without awaken, you can end with:

xx 5B > sweep > 236B > DP > 236236B

Example: 

5AA > 5B > 2B> 5C > jc.B > j.C > 66 5B > 2B> 5C > jc.B > j.C > 66 5B > 2AB > 236B > DP > 236236B [4025/32%]

Oh yea these loops are pretty godlike, here's one using 2B starter:

[2B> 5B> 5C> j.B> j.C(1)]x2 > dash 5C> j.B> j.C(1)> 5B> 2AB> 236B> DP> 236236B

Damage: 4588

They do slight less damage than the j.C> j.DP> 236236A ender stuff though, and 236236B can't be replaced with 236236AB.

Still a solid midscreen combo!

If you do A Moon Smasher at the end of the hop fatal counter combo, the two parts of the super don't combo into each other.

D:

On the plus side, ending the combo with SB Moon Smasher does 5782.

If you do A Moon Smasher at the end of the hop fatal counter combo, the two parts of the super don't combo into each other.

D:

Depending on the combo, it can prorate too much so that they can tech after the first hit, unlike 236236a/b where if the first hit connects you get all of the following hits.

Okay so I see a lot of people complaining about how Sho doesn't get any damage off anti-airs. That's just not true. You can almost always combo off 2B if you can recognize the height it's hitting at. If it hits moderately high, you can do

2B(2) 5B(1) 5C 236B B~C teleport 214A A (2503 damage).

If they hit lower and you do 2B(2), you can do

2B(2) 214A~C 236B BB (2124 damage).

If either of these combos seem weird to you, you can just finish the original rekka chain instead of doing the teleport cancel extension for a bit less damage.

If you hit at the very high tip of 2B(1) where it doesn't connect the second hit, you can super jump and do j.A j.C 214A (1152 damage).

Okay so I see a lot of people complaining about how Sho doesn't get any damage off anti-airs. That's just not true. You can almost always combo off 2B if you can recognize the height it's hitting at. If it hits moderately high, you can do

2B(2) 5B(1) 5C 236B B~C teleport 214A A (2503 damage).

If they hit lower and you do 2B(2), you can do

2B(2) 214A~C 236B BB (2124 damage).

If either of these combos seem weird to you, you can just finish the original rekka chain instead of doing the teleport cancel extension for a bit less damage.

If you hit at the very high tip of 2B, you can super jump and do j.A j.C 214A (1152 damage).

In a game where characters can kill you from an anti air, 2k isnt really much lol.