Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Big Bang Beat Revolve

123mb file size.

Key config executable. Self-explanatory.

BBBR executable. Can toggle fullscreen. There's also something I think translates to "cinema scope" that can be toggled when fullscreen is on. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what it is. Can switch between 16/32-bits, and can turn the high-res filter on/off.

Game executable to start the game.

Logo screen & menu screen. No BGM at either screen. Vs, Training, Option, and Exit selectable. Story mode is grayed out.

Option menu contains difficulty, round count, and sound options.

Music at character select screen. Ren Idagawa added along with characters from the previous builds.

Character intros present and stages feature music.

Gameplay from alpha versions is largely intact (same speed and general maneuverability and setup). Training options all intact.

Gems are back, which fill up universal meter.

D-button (4th button), controls both the characters unique action and is used in super inputs.

Ryouga has a unique meter that lets him burst. Similar to the first game, but more limited. Only works one way in either the air or on the ground, regardless of directional input.

Senna's unique action regenerates health. Starts off slow, then increases in speed. Her 623C loop was solved by making the wall-bounce hit void after a couple loops.

Kunagi's unique action builds meter at a fast rate. Her 236A (the move that causes her to dash forward, followed by a delayed wave) now has a 214A counter part, which dashes backwards instead. Seems like it would be a good way to handle pressure midscreen. Her normal dash stays grounded (I think it went slightly up, like Morigan or I-no, but can't remember for sure).

Miyazato, as far as I can tell, has no unique ability. She only hops, doesn't dash (I don't think this changed from the previous versions, but wanted to note the difference). Has a 63214C move that causes the whip to spin around her.

Ren is similar to his BBB counterpart. He has his throwable items, his shoulder rams, his ground-to-air throw, and his uppercut. He also has his throwable items super, along with a headbutt command grab super. Light version of shoulder ram whiffs. Medium hits. Heavy knocks away. Think Yun/Yang's palm thrusts in SSFIVAE. He has no unique ability that I can see. His dash is also a hop, but a very long one.

Kunagis loops don't seem to be infinites anymore. Her airdash loop doesn't work at all anymore. Her jump infinite on Rouga (works on ren as welll) works, but cant seem to go on infinitely anymore. EDIT: CORRECTION Her jump infinite is still an infinite, it just has tighter timing.

Erika always had that chain special, it can be infinitely looped anymore, and can no longer combo directly into her B drive unless you are in the corner. Scales heavaly. She can stlll combo into her assists. (low chain 412 A immediatly.) She can stll dash over a knocked down opponent

Kunagi now has 3 variations of her claw special that was originally 412C. Her jump special thingy where she jumps in a parabolic motion and can press C is now SRK motion back. I don't know if that infinite still works.

That is all the knowledge i have to drop for now.

Alright just got done Fing around for a bit nothing major, some interesting additions, although I'm sad that Erika hasn't been touched much :\ Also I think there was an error in the romanzing of her name as her given name is displayed as Gundan (even in the manual...which is weird cause in BBA she is even referred to as "Eri of the Chain")...

Also she has no overheads aside from jC (EDIT: And 214+C, sorry forgot about that~!). However her B Chain Grab (41236+B) is unblockable and even grabs crouching opponents, the startup can be buffered with an assist call, as the opponent will have to worry about blocking them and will thus get grabbed by your chain. I recommend using Shouko (214+B), she may not be an overhead or air unblockable but you can use her to put your opponent in guard stun should they jump and use one of Erika's actual air unblockables (all standing normals with the exception of 6B, 2C is also air unblockable but requires some strict timing since it hits so low to the ground). Oh and it's nice that her assist status icons are now always on display above her special gauge.

Overall Erika suffers from some lousy tech times, she isn't given the biggest windows of opportunity to link moves together, especially in the case of her super. Also she has average range on all of her normals except those mapped to C (oh and her 6A) so she has to poke or assist herself in well until she can get close. It's interesting that her A and B DPs are air unblockable but the C ver isn't.

Ya know what.....I'm gonna start a wiki for Revolve....be right back....

Can't grab during blcokstun so that doesn't work.

No you have to time it to where your throw will connect first, the opponent will be occupied with trying to block Shouko, they get grabbed, Shouko connects, stuff~

' w' also I REFUSE to call Erika Gundan D:

Alright just got done Fing around for a bit nothing major, some interesting additions, although I'm sad that Erika hasn't been touched much :\ Also I think there was an error in the romanzing of her name as her given name is displayed as Gundan (even in the manual...which is weird cause in BBA she is even referred to as "Eri of the Chain")...

This is the Kanji they have for Eri when listing the cast. 宮里絵梨花

Here's the Kanji in the manual. 宮里軍団

Gundan is someone of the line of force or army. Kendo is similar in the sense the name given during battle and manual is 中西姉妹 aka Nakanishi Sisters.

I may just do my stick config ABCD like Neo-Geo style. Also I hope this game has netplay.

This is the Kanji they have for Eri when listing the cast. 宮里絵梨花

Here's the Kanji in the manual. 宮里軍団

Gundan is someone of the line of force or army. Kendo is similar in the sense the name given during battle and manual is 中西姉妹 aka Nakanishi Sisters.

Hmmm I see, well at least I know where the reading for Gundan came from...still don't know why it's mainly on display and I'm still calling her Erika ; w;

Also I hope this game has netplay.

It might not "ship" with it, but it's planned to have netplay net month or so.

It might not "ship" with it, but it's planned to have netplay net month or so.

Oh, ok. Thanks. :kitty:

so when is the release for this game and how would i go about buying it will it be a download?

Summer Comiket, this weekend.

Most likely during or after Comiket Frontier Aja will have the game on sale on the Palet Mail Service site. Which will be perfect for me since I can probably save money on shipping since I will also be buying the Koumajou Densetsu games, Senna + Kunagi microfiber towel, and possibly any artbook they may release on the site as well.

236B jC 5B5C2C j2C 5B5C2C 623B (adjustable for midscreen)

For added midscreen swag:

236B > jC > 5B > 5C > 2C > j2C > 2C > 214B > 5A > 5C > 623B

An additional 200 damage never looked so slick.

On another note, people who hate SF-style crossunders are gonna hate Ren. His dash and where he's placed after some of his combos make it stupid easy to mix people up.

For added midscreen swag:

236B > jC > 5B > 5C > 2C > j2C > 2C > 214B > 5A > 5C > 623B

An additional 200 damage never looked so slick.

On another note, people who hate SF-style crossunders are gonna hate Ren. His dash and where he's placed after some of his combos make it stupid easy to mix people up.

Nice!

On another note, j2C can be looped twice before becoming void. Technically, the third j2C will connect, but you can't follow it up as all of your attacks will just go through your opponent.

Just for silly, stupid fun; walk up point blank range, throw a can (236A) followed by his knock-back slash (623C, idk what it's actually called cuz I'm lazy like that). It'll knock both your opponent and the can in the air, but the can will bounce off the "wall" and hit your opponent in the back. So lulzy.

Alright guys it's not much right now but the BBB wiki is up so start compiling that info ' w'

Clearly I'm writing the majority of the Erika page and I think Linear is do some Kunagi stuff. lol I actually would've had alot more done if I wasn't Fing around with Erika so much today (I mean I didn't even fill in 1/2 the stuff I did today on her page lol) but yeah if anyone wants to help ~