Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finkledoodoo

American I-nos!!!

mid-tier my friend.....low mid-tier. Every I-no plays differently. ive seen jap i-nos blow great opportunities with failed HCL frc attempts and american i-nos waste tension that could be used for oki fuzzy guard rape cause they used tension in a situation they should have dive combo'd. It all depends on spacing and what character your facing. You guys should know how char specific she is.

mid-tier my friend.....low mid-tier.

Every I-no plays differently. ive seen jap i-nos blow great opportunities with failed HCL frc attempts and american i-nos waste tension that could be used for oki fuzzy guard rape cause they used tension in a situation they should have dive combo'd. It all depends on spacing and what character your facing. You guys should know how char specific she is.

Yeah...

but still, I'd like to have a more formulated (consistant) I-no. simply knowing what works more adds to the effectiveness of anybody's playstyle, which is why I'm grilling the character's community. I might come off as a jerk, (and I'm sorry if I do) but the fact at hand is, that I-no has so many options at any given moment, that its easy to chose a less efficient route in battle. So yeah mynus, i-no playstyles are highly varied, but which is the most effective? Are you playing her to the point of near perfect effiency? Or are you going high risk/rewards? Do you switch? Or are you just so much better than everyone at the game that it really doesn't matter what character you're using? (lol, Koichi, that guy is a rape party.) What makes you the best? Can I emulate or improve? See, these are the questions I want to get answered on the forum because I'm taking all this knowledge very seriously due to the fact that this is the last guilty gear game and I've missed out on the chance to compete during the entire series...

And back to the question, what are you veiws on CL combos in general?

so what's your success rate with mid combat cl combos? also, are the 125% tension combos for show or are the very efficient mid match, I was wondering because most of my matches usually don't net me past 75% tension. Two maybe three combos and an oki and i'm done, or I miss a frc and lol, i'm done...

Heres my current work in progress http://www.mediafire.com/?dmcn2imhb0d

As you can see in the vid, it isn't legit yet because I don't have the execution down 100%. I entered j.S instead of j.H which costs the combo. I can't test the tension until it's legit, so we'll see. xD

I got slaughtered yesterday... I don't know what it was at the end of the night, but it felt like 200 to 7... Lol, I need to play more good people cuz that level of play just can't be practiced... Well, there's no need to see a vid to know what happened, I couldn't defend against him well because I rarely face that kind of pressure. I gave away too much damage. On the plus side, max damage over knockdown (intelligently) is great advice mynusdono, I got a few comeback wins like that. Oh well, I'm gonna hit up the matchmaking threads to see I if can find some other good players to lvl me up... Laterz...

I prefer decent damage and to go for the tech trap. Except they don't tech anymore :gonk: Gotta learn them black beat combos... lol 5k 6p stbt x 2 And Finkledoodoo, i'd still love to see vids so I can know what people are picking you apart for doing so I don't do it myself. By 'that' kind of pressure do you mean Eddie? 2s > hs > IAD > j.k is your best friend, learn it and love it! 100%-125% combos are useless, why bother? If you got that much tension they should be dead already or you've missed many HCL frcs and would probably screw up the 100% tension combo anyways.

I prefer decent damage and to go for the tech trap.

Except they don't tech anymore :gonk:

Gotta learn them black beat combos... lol 5k 6p stbt x 2

And Finkledoodoo, i'd still love to see vids so I can know what people are picking you apart for doing so I don't do it myself. By 'that' kind of pressure do you mean Eddie? 2s > hs > IAD > j.k is your best friend, learn it and love it!

100%-125% combos are useless, why bother? If you got that much tension they should be dead already or you've missed many HCL frcs and would probably screw up the 100% tension combo anyways.

I played venom slayer potemkin and baiken, they can all pretty much rush you down tensionless. Once they hit your guard, they have some tools they can use to stay in that I didn't know about. As for what they picked apart, it's the hover dash. Just don't attack from it too often unless you have a note lockdown or it's on oki, but even then it should be rare. I had just gotten used to dashing in and attacking in arcade/survival/mom mode. AA's rape dash, all of them, every 6p in the game, and if you FD the attack, you just gave them a free guessing game on you. So I learned that cutting the dash short and using ground pokes are really the only way to approach higher level players. You can dance around and air dash and whatever, but I had most of my success with ground pokes. Oh, keep in mind that when you FD, they will keep the tension they would have used on you, so now you have less tension to work with, and you now have to bait a DAA if you do get back in on them.

Don't take what I say serious though, I'm not a pro or anything, this is just what I took from my raping.

Things that happened, dash got raped, couldn't block never before seen strings and the usual dropped combos (but those weren't too bad, just the last hit mostly. I can't seem to consistanly land that last vcl)

^^^never heard of a gold burst?

You've seen my vids and seen for yourself how much I gold burst... lol. You need to up your % rate of successful combos during match play. You should aim to play about 10-20 hours worth of casuals an then see how much your input improves. I have better input during real matches than practice mode weirdly now (not in the existing vids though).

Finkledoodoo: Raped? All the time? Even during casuals? Why'd you bring cpu beating habits into game play? This should be more than enough reason to stick to practice mode only.

Try baiting 6ps with hoverdashes into jumps and delayed dives, though if your not as good as your opponent I doubt this will work long for you. Personally I spam IAD backwards j.hs then proceed to start spamming notes... just to get them to come in on me and thats when I usually

see my opponent make a mistake. It doesn't work on everybody and against a few you have better options.

Finkledoodoo: Raped? All the time? Even during casuals? Why'd you bring cpu beating habits into game play? This should be more than enough reason to stick to practice mode only.

Try baiting 6ps with hoverdashes into jumps and delayed dives, though if your not as good as your opponent I doubt this will work long for you. Personally I spam IAD backwards j.hs then proceed to start spamming notes... just to get them to come in on me and thats when I usually

see my opponent make a mistake. It doesn't work on everybody and against a few you have better options.

It's ok for me to get raped, I'm still learning friend. I just started going competitive and the only person I play is someone who places no less than third at every tourney he goes to, (he also doesn't go any easier on me in casuals.) I think I do well for someone this fresh to true competitive play. Anyways, as I play, I've started understanding match vids also. Until I started getting my rear handed to me, I couldn't break match vids down like I can now. So I'm actually just learning I-no's true gameplay, that's why I was always asking for tips on approaches until now. So thanks for the tip and as for arcade mode, that's just for in battle combo practice now...

Laterz!!!

Since I can't get to go to ecc, therapist is letting me join in on his pre ecc festivities. Marlin pie and some other frequent opponents of mynosdono are going to be there. :vbang: I am soooooo going to get raped!!! Not only am I still fresh, but they play the best I-no!!! I'm gonna try to get this on tape son!!! Don't even bother praying for me, just mail me some curtesy condems... :psyduck:

feel free to ask me any questions about i-no also. i can explain testament somewhat. and i can explain some things about aba (what moves you can punish etc.)

Damn, this thread is like a yr old. Seems like I'm a little late to the party. The I-no forum is so quiet compared to all the other characters. *crickets........no luv 4 her? Not sure if I should be posting here, but is there any american I-no players living in the New England area...preferably near boston. I wanna play to get better and maybe get some advice. Hell, if there isn't anyone near here, are there any american I-no players that I can pm, thats still active in GGXXAC?

Damn, this thread is like a yr old. Seems like I'm a little late to the party. The I-no forum is so quiet compared to all the other characters. *crickets........no luv 4 her?

Not sure if I should be posting here, but is there any american I-no players living in the New England area...preferably near boston. I wanna play to get better and maybe get some advice.

Hell, if there isn't anyone near here, are there any american I-no players that I can pm, thats still active in GGXXAC?

I know for sure TGS is around and will answer any questions you have. Try finding him in the ggxx IRC channel.

Damn, wish I still lived in Socal. Most of the players here are in the west. Seems that most of the fun is in the westcoast. I'll be sure to look out for him, thnx.

I'll be representing I-no at CUT. Are you able to make that, buckle?

I still post and check dustloop almost daily.

I can help with quite a bit, but yea ...no one plays I-No except a handful of people.

I have quite a few questions, it'd be great if you could answer them. I might post a vid up for critique if you guys don't mind. On a related note, do you guys use a video card to record these matches...how are you recording these matches?

I'll most likely be at Evo.

Good shit at Evo.

:mad: @ all the other I-No players that didn't show up at Evo.

I'll be representing I-no at CUT. Are you able to make that, buckle?

Most likely not, my work schedule is fri, sat, sun, and my school schedule is mon-fri so i haven't had much free time to make anything honestly.

Luv-Sic I use a VCR and a 15$ cable I got off amazon.com

Oh, TGS.....I'm assuming your the same TGS ajinkris was talking about. So...do you still play I-no?

Luv-Sic I use a VCR and a 15$ cable I got off amazon.com

So you get the video on to the VCR, but how did you get it on to your computer?