Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diveman

[CS1] Litchi Changelog

Hi. Also Litchi's Ryuuiisou breaks 1 guard primer. I think that's all the relevant new info I could find on that BBS. We probably won't get any new info until the weekend. If there are other websites that might have new Litchi info let me know. :v:

If you start a combo with 5B, Ittsu combos are impossible. The second hit of 6C in the final part of the combo ...>6C>Tsubame>6C>... becomes techable. It was impossible even on Tager.

WHY WHY WHY! :gonk:

/nancy kerrigan

First they nerf my character in GG after #R and now they do it here. This is like when they gave Zappa an FRC for his 5HS (cartwheel). What the hell am I going to use that for!

Well, she won't lose too much damage at least, but if you want good damage and a knockdown, you'll usually end up with staff in hand. That's without taking her 4d/6d into account. So hopefully her staff mixup game is decent in CS.

Want "better" news??? 3C combo doesnt work anymore... its official, arksys hates litchi lol..I REALLY hope this is a misreading or else I dont know what will become of litchi, they better add some awesome properties to 4D and 6D...

of course that will change in the next test right? :v:

right...? :vbang:

actually, this is from the latest loketest...and she CANT RC tsubame anymore...

so, lets see:

She cant combo after tsubame

She cant do itsuu C after 5B combos

She cant do 3C combos

what the $%@$ are we supposed to do now??? poke them for the whole match??? If they made her like Dhalsim (godly keepaway) that would be "ok"...but NO she isnt awesome for that too...seriously arksys, do you really hate combos that much????

3c combos were confirmed in first loketest. If the changes from loketest to loketest are this drastic, i think its safe to say they're not sure what to do with this character.

Want "better" news??? 3C combo doesnt work anymore...

its official, arksys hates litchi lol..I REALLY hope this is a misreading or else I dont know what will become of litchi, they better add some awesome properties to 4D and 6D...

actually...I wonder if anyone tried the shounen combo yet

5B, 5C(2) 3C, TK chun, 2C, 6C tsubame 6C 3C...did more damage than the normal one anyway...just didn't carry as far

The reason why 3C[m] combos no longer work is because hitting D or 2D after 3C becomes a staff set. In other words, 3C[m] lost its manten return state in this loketest. Doing 3C[m]>j.D didn't allow for the 3C combos either (which would make sense if there's no return state.) If 3C[m] really did lose return state, then tk.Chun followups will not be possible -- but as a disclaimer this is my speculation and has not been confirmed. Some have confirmed that IttsuB breaks 1 guard primer. People have stated that it feels like Litchi's crouching hit box has gotten bigger. Currently Noel's 6B>6C doesn't link on Litchi, but now it does. They aren't certain if it has to do with Litchi's hitbox getting bigger or Noel's 6C getting more range but this is worth reporting. So if this new change 3C becomes permanent, Litchi will just have to go straight into oki after knockdown with staff. People have asked if it's possible to cancel 3C[m] into the new 4D/6D moves but the guy reporting from the loketest said he didn't try. People have also asked if it's possible to do 3C[m]>IttsuC (basically asking if the new 3C[m] is special cancellable) since there's no manten state but the guy hasn't tried this either. OTL To be honest I don't care what they do to Litchi. I'll still play her even if she's unplayable. Furthermore, I can't imagine ArcSys screwing up SO bad that this becomes the case. And it's not like this is the final loketest before CT gets released so nothing is set in stone.

To be honest I don't care what they do to Litchi. I'll still play her even if she's unplayable. Furthermore, I can't imagine ArcSys screwing up SO bad that this becomes the case. And it's not like this is the final loketest before CT gets released so nothing is set in stone.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but is werd that ArcSys did so many nerfs to a character that IMO didnt need to be nerfed (in fact, she should be a lot better than in CT). So well, is not like this is the last loketest so, Im sure ArcSys will give her something good in exchange

Did they specifiy why itsuuC combos didn't work? Was it the combo itself or was it just the tsubame ender? If it is just the ender, than finishing at the first 6c still gives knockdown and 3200 damage.

FYI, there are certain litchi changes posted already. Like loc test 1 however, since I only recognize the moves and don't recognize the names, I am avoiding posting her changes (other than the ones I know of). You will get a much better idea of changes to litchi from the more complete compilation of data sometime down the week, just as whoever did so for loc test 1.

It's cool, any info is good info really. And Max is workin hard too. =D Thanks for the translating of changes in general btw. (Goes for Max too.)

T_T Also, have the other Manten Return normals been tested to see if it was 3c that got the treatment or if they did away with manten return state altogether? If they completely got rid of it and made 6a/6c special cancellable it'd be pretty hot. 6d being frame advantage also seems nice for staff pressure strings into 6d into staffless pressure.

I realize some of this has been translated already but I did my own translation.

3C

- 3C[m]>IttsuC has been confirmed to combo.

- 3C[m] does not cancel into 4D or 6D.

- 3C[m] is jump cancellable, but does not combo into tk.Chun due to Litchi being in staffed-state.

Tsubame

- Same recovery as before.

- Has more knockback on hit making it difficult to connect 6C afterwards.

- Techability time has been altered:

Tsubame>2C>j.B>j.C>D>IAD>j.B>j.C>[Techable]

Tsubame>6C>3C confirmed to work.

- Still cannot RC.

6D

- All 2 hits from 6D can connect even from the tip of 5C[m]. This is to demonstrate the distance of this move.

- 6D frame advantage on block, on hit confirm you can link into 5B.

- 6D on ground hit is forced standing. On air hit the opponent floats in place exactly where they got hit, as opposed to being blown away out of reach.

- Gatling routes: 5B>5C>6D>5B or 5B>2C>6D>5B.

- You can no longer special cancel this move like in the previous loketest (meaning you can't cancel into Ittsu or Shishin like stated earlier.)

4D

- Litchi is in crouching state while using this move.

- 4D>Hatsu>Chun is 1500 damage.

- Kokushi Musou does 1100 damage by itself.

This guy who reported all this said nobody was playing Litchi at the loketest except him.wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Also, ryoko, if you can send me a link to the site you go to that has the changes made in CT I can translate it. I'm currently getting all my info from the JP BlazBlue BBS but if there are other sites I'd like to help.

Not surprised, most of the current stuff was all discovered in Training Mode.

Why the hell does no one seem to want to play her at the loketests? Hell, and I thought she didn't get enough play at the Sept 26th one, but her Oct turnout sounds terrible.

people gave up on her =( I dont see why they decided to (imo) nerf her so hard, shes not really spectacular at anything. Maybe coz there were 2 litchis in top 8 for SBO (or 4, i forget)?