Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10stars

[CS1] Bang Discussion and Question Thread

wow, seen some of the new bang vids, and OTG 623B combos into 5D, cool as hell (you probably all knew about this, i only saw this now).

edit: and 6B links into grab super, whoa.

edit2: and link 2B after 2C, wtfffff!

edit3: air throw into corner, daifunka! WOW. damn, i cant wait to play CS.

As much as I love Ashura. It doesn't do a lot of damage. It's a GREAT reversal though. 6B would be better if you RC'd it into 2B 623 .... etc etc combo. Though I do freakin love Ashura cause it's just so sexy <3

since 6C hits everyone standing, what characters do you need to dj.D on? also, since j4C is good against people above and horizontal to Bang, could it be used like an anti-air? how fast is it?

since 6C hits everyone standing, what characters do you need to dj.D on?

also, since j4C is good against people above and horizontal to Bang, could it be used like an anti-air? how fast is it?

I'm thinking it might hit everyone without a JC, since j.D is faster now.

I'm thinking it might hit everyone without a JC, since j.D is faster now.

If that is the case then there is no reason why any 5A starting combo should go below 3000, unless the mid-combo Drive moves got prorated??? I heard something about the Drives being prorated right?

But even something like 5A-5B-2B-6C-j.D-2B-6C-j.C (3032 damage in CT) is brain dead easy would now work on everyone (or should), the only issue would be being close when the 5A hits. If not then you could just do 5A-5B-2B-6C-j.623B-2B-6C-j.C (3071 damage in CT, a little harder then the above combo but barely).

I think there will definitely be an adjustment to what is called the "BnB" once everyone gets their hands on CS. Because I see no legitimate reason to do his current BnB, when you can do the Cat1/2 BnBs on everyone now.

Stating the obvious I guess.

If that is the case then there is no reason why any 5A starting combo should go below 3000, unless the mid-combo Drive moves got prorated??? I heard something about the Drives being prorated right?

But even something like 5A-5B-2B-6C-j.D-2B-6C-j.C (3032 damage in CT) is brain dead easy would now work on everyone (or should), the only issue would be being close when the 5A hits. If not then you could just do 5A-5B-2B-6C-j.623B-2B-6C-j.C (3071 damage in CT, a little harder then the above combo but barely).

I think there will definitely be an adjustment to what is called the "BnB" once everyone gets their hands on CS. Because I see no legitimate reason to do his current BnB, when you can do the Cat1/2 BnBs on everyone now.

They still have to be standing. Fortunately for crouchers Bang can still do 6D > 9623B and he can combo out of that now.

They still have to be standing. Fortunately for crouchers Bang can still do 6D > 9623B and he can combo out of that now.

Yea, I meant for a while standing BnB. I guess against crouchers it has to stay, stupid crouchers....

5A 5B 2B 6C 6A 623B still works. Though the linking and everything is tighter than if you were using 2B 623B. It probably still prorates better.

This is probably better on crouchers damage-wise 5A 5B 2B 2C 2B 623B 5D ^j.B ^ j.B j.4C j.623B

5A 5B 2B 6C 6A 623B still works. Though the linking and everything is tighter than if you were using 2B 623B. It probably still prorates better.

This is probably better on crouchers damage-wise 5A 5B 2B 2C 2B 623B 5D ^j.B ^ j.B j.4C j.623B

I think j. C would better in the end for the chance of a poison nail or oki situation, in exchange for 100 damage off the bat or so.

Bang:

Furinkazan information-

Dash invincibility removed

Cannot use nail momentum

D moves dmg up

D, jB, j4C untech time increase

Fatal counter moves- 3C, 623B, air 623B (so not all guard crush moves can guard crush).

Oh what.

Is every aspect of bang is better or he still have some cons.:BANG:

Well, his drives are all unsafe on block by fast reaction moves. As well as a few little nitpicky things, hither and thither, like some moves sped up, and others slowed down. Isn't there a post on all this already? :psyduck:

So, did anything at all change with bumpers specifically? I know there hasn't been much time for experimentation, but has anything interesting with bumpers shown up that I missed?

So, did anything at all change with bumpers specifically? I know there hasn't been much time for experimentation, but has anything interesting with bumpers shown up that I missed?

Nothing yet, people are first trying to find new Bnbs and the such. I'm sure the old 5A 5B 2B 2C 214B d.2A 5B j.A j.C trick still works, but will probably net terrible damage. For now, bumpers are being used to get mixups and crossups.

Bang is pretty awesome nowadays. Dora and Shadow are still very fierce with Bang. I like Bang offensive style. His new super looks very situational useful up close. It is a great defensive move super which helps him tremendous. It makes the opponent think twice while he rushes for rushing of strings moves. I wager he is going up above his current spot in the tier list of CT.

I was wondering does bang F.c combo work on everyone standing now. Because i saw Dora do it on Carl who i think is the shortest char in the game. And if it works on him then it should work on everyone else i hope it does. Because that was one of the changes i hoped bang got in cs hope someone answers my question. In case anyone doesn't know which combo i am talking about d.a, s.b, d.b f.c.

Bang is pretty awesome nowadays. Dora and Shadow are still very fierce with Bang. I like Bang offensive style. His new super looks very situational useful up close. It is a great defensive move super which helps him tremendous. It makes the opponent think twice while he rushes for rushing of strings moves.

I wager he is going up above his current spot in the tier list of CT.

There's so much of this I want to sig...

I was wondering does bang F.c combo work on everyone standing now. Because i saw Dora do it on Carl who i think is the shortest char in the game. And if it works on him then it should work on everyone else i hope it does. Because that was one of the changes i hoped bang got in cs hope someone answers my question. In case anyone doesn't know which combo i am talking about d.a, s.b, d.b f.c.

yea, 6C combos work on everyone if they are standing

It took me, like, a minute to decipher that. I suppose that's conclusive evidence that numerical notation system is better.

Also, does anyone know the P2 value for 2A? Because I'm seeing people do 5A 2A 2A 5B 2B... and it still seems to do a decent amount of damage, not horrid like I was expecting it to.