Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GenoWhirl

[CS1] μ-12 Combo Thread (Updated 10.30.10)

I time mine so that as soon as the opponent is flat on the floor, I press 2B. Just watch the opponent and try adjusting the timing for doing 2B. (And if you're mashing 2B, don't.)

Wow that timing is really very specific. To me it seems you have maybe 2-3 frames after they come to rest to get your 2B off before they tech. Maybe other characters have it easier? I know when I was doing my Litchi ground resets I was connecting every time.

Just means time for more practice.

Wow that timing is really very specific. To me it seems you have maybe 2-3 frames after they come to rest to get your 2B off before they tech. Maybe other characters have it easier? I know when I was doing my Litchi ground resets I was connecting every time.

Just means time for more practice.

The timing window is small... but after I found out when to use 2B, I almost never miss it now. So try to get the timing yourself, it's surprisingly easy to get it to hit once you do in my experience.

For 2b relaunch (and links in general realy) I usually do the move (3c) and then just hold forward and see how long it takes for mu to return to neutral and be able to walk forward. Once I get that timing down it's usually much much easier to link a hit right after. Helps me a lot with tons of combos.

I've been doing this combo on 6C fatal from midscreen on Hazama, haven't experimented with who else it'll hit:

6C > 63214C (fully charged) > dash 6B > dash (delayed) 6A > 6B > dash 5C > 2C > j.2C > dash 2B > 5C > 6C > 2D (or whatever) > 632146C (6676 damage, 50% meter needed, from midscreen, +1 stein)

if you're just a little closer to the corner (like, if you're 1p and he's 2p, he needs to take like 2 steps back from where he starts), you can instead do:

6C > 63214C (fully charged) > dash 6B > dash (delayed) 6A > 6B > dash 5C > 2C > j.2C > dash 2B > 5C > 2C > j.C > j.2D > 2B > 632146C (7032, 50% meter)

you can pretty easily judge which one you can do, they both do a ton of damage and as long as you're not completely backed into a corner you can do them.

edit: whoops, the 2nd combo here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AFVh2NUYxU)

does a little bit more damage and it seems you don't need those 2 steps back toward the corner. I'll leave mine here as an alternate choice, maybe they're easier to perform if you have issues with those in the video.

I've got a question about some of Mu's launching options. What are the pros and cons of using the 6A > 2C to launch vs the 5C > 2C string? I feel more comfortable using the latter, but does one offer significant advantage over the other? The Mu strategy section in the game says it's best to use 6A > 2C if the opponent is close to you, but 5C > 2C seems works just as well at close range.

If that's the only benefit, does that mean I can substitute it for 5C in cases where it will work and use 6A for extending and dash combos?

Just to say I took a ton from this video. There's some really great blockstrings and stein position setups. I'd like to know the name of this person but that stupid blackout :<

What are you guys doing for airthrows? Max damage or steins?

Also, why do some of the throw combos end in 2b 6a 2c j.c j.2c instead of 2b 6c 2c j.c j.2c? Seems like 6a would whiff if you're not right next to them.

I didn't see this one yet:

3c-2b-6a-6c-2d-dash5b/2b-5c-2c-j.c-j.2c You can do sj.b-j.c-sj.c-j.2c though for extra damage. Does about 3.4k

What are you guys doing for airthrows? Max damage or steins?

Also, why do some of the throw combos end in 2b 6a 2c j.c j.2c instead of 2b 6c 2c j.c j.2c? Seems like 6a would whiff if you're not right next to them.

5C will usually whiff at the last rep of that combo, where 6A won't

One question, is 6B, spinning kick, low-invincible? And what moves are high/low-invincible?

i'm trying it in practice with ragna's 3C and it appears that 6B isn't low invincible

which is odd, as she does leave the ground

her DP clashes with 3C with the right spacing. nothing else looks like it would be invincible

i'm trying it in practice with ragna's 3C and it appears that 6B isn't low invincible

which is odd, as she does leave the ground

Strange, Mu-12 jumps and it doesnt count as low-inv?

his foot is hitting her body in midair

maybe lower low attacks would miss, but i'm not sure how much lower you can go

edit: nevermind! i paused it on the exact frame it's hitting, the 3C is hitting her head

edit edit: 6B will go over ragna's 6C. not sure how many lows there are that will miss... has to be pretty short

edit3: it also goes through 2D even though it doesn't look like it will. weird move...

yeah, the timing is all fucked up. doing it at the exact same time as hazama's 3C goes over it, but any slower and you get hit. not sure how practical it would be to pull out in a match

edit: nevermind! i paused it on the exact frame it's hitting, the 3C is hitting her head

Falcon kick!

edit edit: 6B will go over ragna's 6C. not sure how many lows there are that will miss... has to be pretty short

Ok, so its not that good vs lows.

I grabbed Hazama out of Jayoku as Noel once, I thought I was a goner when I went for the grab and saw the super flash. :psyduck:

jayoku also loses to omoihikane :psyduck:

for j2c counter, i think you can 6b->6a->6b into typical combo on tager and possibly other characters. i haven't been able to replicate it since the height required is a bitch, but i swear i've done it at least twice if that meant anything.

how do you guys generally set up your steins for oki? (or anything else for that matter) right now on knockdown/6c hit i use 5d 6d j2d

depends on the spacing

if they're in the corner i do 5D backdash and fish around for a 5C counterhit

midscreen, 5D 6D j.5D j.2D against more grounded characters, and 5D 2D j.5D j.6D against characters that fly around

Sorry if this is known becaust I admit I didn't ready any posts yet.

Combo off her 6b RC for a nice chink of damage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifKqLuE5NDE

And again, don't kno wif this is known, but you can jump install specials during a stein set.

Say you do a combo into 6c then sword. You can squeeze in a stein set and do 632147c to cancel into the sword and it still combos

You can do 6b right into 632146C too

In the corner you can do 6B 63214C RC 6B 5C corner loop

Uh, you have this combo up

"6B > 63214C > RAPID > Dash > 6A > 2C > j.C > j.2C > 2B > 6A > j.C > j.2C (3.8k, Corner, 50 meter required)"

You can add another 2B > 6A > j.C > j.2C to add 400 damage.

Also a corner BnB: 5B 3C 2B 6A j.2C 2B 6A j.C j.2C 2B 6A j.C j.2C > whatever (I personally like j.2D as it puts a stein behind them and you can catch rolls with 2B when you land)