Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueBleep

New Guilty Gear?

Well, I'm not sure how that might help him to be honest. Perhaps my opinion doesn't matter, but when he's not in the corner, he's usually zoning at a space just close enough so that he can attack the opponent and play defensively so that he can punish the opponent for either trying to make a move in or attempting to attack. It just seems like one of the last priorities midscreen for him is attempting to mixup up, because the opponent is trying to find a way in rather than being on the defensive. Johnny's pressure usually involve keeping the enemy zoned at the nice distance to in order to keep him in the distance he wants them to be and the enemies seem more concerned about getting within Johnny's boundaries rather than blocking him during pressures, unless they get in the corner, which they usually want to do really fast.

but do they have to spend meter on their shitty mixups? lol

i'm honestly fine with the way johnny's corner mixups are, i just really wish he could get one of his corner high/lows midscreen.

the chars i was thinking of was aba, roboky and order sol.... so yes they do

I'd really like Zappa's Unsummon to have throw invuln so I can use it as throwbait oki :x

That or an FRC point on Summon :D

I'd really like Zappa's Unsummon to have throw invuln so I can use it as throwbait oki :x

That or an FRC point on Summon :D

FRC > FRC > Raoh!

Also, isn't his 5D already a throwbait?

Definitely make Sol's Dragon Install much more useful. It's one of his signature moves, so it should be used more often. :v:

On the topic of fixing Johnny, while this isn't ultra critical compared to some of the other fixes he needs, they should make returns on Lvl 3 Mist Finer hit better than level 2 Mist Finer's returns on hit. It's kind of silly to accidentally hit level 3 some how, then when you get ready for that sweet 50% damage combo oh woops, I have the wrong mist finer! *does 30%*

EDIT: Maybe give level 3 mist finer single hit + floor slide so you can do corner comos like K S HS xx Lvl 3 mist finer -> 6HS xx Coin xx Lvl 2 Mist Finer -> Air combo

upper level 3 can lead to 300 damage if you know how to follow it up

mid level 3 is kinda ass, but at least you can recoin

low level 3 isn't so bad either, you get ~150 damage (assuming you hit-confirm from 5K 5HS) and knockdown

the chars i was thinking of was aba, roboky and order sol.... so yes they do

yeah except OS doesn't have shitty mixup lol

How about making lv.3 MF cancellable at any of it's hits, and the cancel will have close to zero recovery?

moriya had such a thing in lb2

these days, it would probably be an frc

Tensionless cancel won't be overpowered, I think. It takes two coins, anyway.

EDIT: I've got two more ideas, but these may sound like crazy. :kitty:

1. Give Johnny Forcebreak Mist Finer, basically his lv.2 (a lil bit weakened, maybe) but use 25% tension instead of coin.

2. Allow Mist Stance and Mist Stance Dash to be cancelled into his jump move (623S if I'm not mistaken, the one which allows you to do Divine Blade afterwards).

Tensionless cancel won't be overpowered, I think. It takes two coins, anyway.

EDIT: I've got two more ideas, but these may sound like crazy. :kitty:

1. Give Johnny Forcebreak Mist Finer, basically his lv.2 (a lil bit weakened, maybe) but use 25% tension instead of coin.

2. Allow Mist Stance and Mist Stance Dash to be cancelled into his jump move (623S if I'm not mistaken, the one which allows you to do Divine Blade afterwards).

Number 2 is a bit too intense. The point of a stance in any game is to limit your options but create a space in which you would dominate...If you could do that you could really throw out some stupid control game><

Well, you already cannot block while in Mist Stance. That's enough for a restriction. :kitty:

EDIT: Ok, maybe Divine Blade is a bit too much. How about only Killer Joker (that FRC-able aerial slash) after the jump?

You shouldn't be able to block in a stance anyway, that's why they level close range domination! xD

Uh, so you mean the divine blade hop into killer joker? O-o

Yea, I mean, this is a hop that comes from Mist Stance, a stance where Johnny holds his sheated sword. Logically, the stance should cancel into sword-based moves. And I think DB isn't a sword move, it's a projectile, right? :kitty:

Well, they can always make the hop (from Mist Stance) travels not too far or something.

EDIT: This Mist Stance Hop can also be useful for throw-baiting. :kitty:

upper level 3 can lead to 300 damage if you know how to follow it up

mid level 3 is kinda ass, but at least you can recoin

low level 3 isn't so bad either, you get ~150 damage (assuming you hit-confirm from 5K 5HS) and knockdown

Oh, really? thats pretty cool then, actually. :) I don't know Johnny too well, but I recall that being one of our local Johnny's gripes loooong ago.

Speaking of, allowing Johnny to end his combos after gettnig a recoin would be nice, so that once you land that first combo with MF2, you can consistently level 2/3 Mist Cancel and keep up the pressure after each combo. That sounds like something that would strengthen his midscreen game (and make his already good corner game better)

Wow a lot of Johnny talk. I personally find Johnny fine the way he is to be honest, even if he's not as easy to use from back then he's got that scary capability of doing about 200 damage or more out of nowhere once he gets a decent hit in. On top of that he has an overdrive that can get him out of almost any close-range combat situation whether it be hit or block.

It would be interesting to see more options available for Johnny but I'd think he'd have to get some damage decrease if that ever happens. Only thing I'd think that would be an interesting change is to have an additional option for Jackhound like be cancellable into a Mist Finer or a move that'd let him evade a counterattack or something.

JI Status on Divine Blade FRC is something I miss but never really felt I needed thanks to Killer Joker.

Yea, I mean, this is a hop that comes from Mist Stance, a stance where Johnny holds his sheated sword. Logically, the stance should cancel into sword-based moves. And I think DB isn't a sword move, it's a projectile, right? :kitty:

Well, they can always make the hop (from Mist Stance) travels not too far or something.

EDIT: This Mist Stance Hop can also be useful for throw-baiting. :kitty:

He should get a distortion for mist stance. That would be cool. Debating if it should be a ranged/distance closing one. Or some sort of counter/combo setup one.

Hmm. I played Guilty Gear XX like mad, but I never got into any kind of scene (or faced any human opponent who wasn't a family member or friend I forced into it) and spent all my time fighting the CPU, and somehow I still loved it to death, all the way through AC. The gameplay was just that good.

I hope for the next installment, assuming there really is one, they keep all the mechanics I could hardly master as a casual player. For one, it just gave me something to do, even if my only opponent was an input-reading ignoramus. Two, it's freakin' awesome. Even playing low-execution Ky, I was beside myself when I finally did full VT loops on the cpu. (Okay, like 20% of the time, but hey!)

Of course, my dream Guilty Gear game is just AC+ with online and sprite updates (to avoid HD problems). >_> Whatever happens, the only thing that must stay the same is the speed. Making it easier to appeal more is one thing, but keep that lightning fast gameplay. It wouldn't be the same without it.

Nerf poti pl0x =/

I don't care about Eddie, testicles, whatever... just nerf Pot's stupidity =/

Nerf poti pl0x =/

I don't care about Eddie, testicles, whatever... just nerf Pot's stupidity =/

this

I'm gonna be honest I can put up with Eddie bullshit, but getting knockdown from fullscreen and then losing like 60% of my health is pretty dumb.... and that's some of the more nice things that happen in that match.

though I play ky and johnny so I'm pretty bias

this

I'm gonna be honest I can put up with Eddie bullshit, but getting knockdown from fullscreen and then losing like 60% of my health is pretty dumb.... and that's some of the more nice things that happen in that match.

though I play ky and johnny so I'm pretty bias

I play Slayer, yet I know for sure that Potemkin is not a hard character to fight...it is pretty flow-chart. But you don't think Eddie is a problem? Wtf T_T