Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CSE] Lambda General Discussion

I'm glad to hear Nu might be getting a major overhaul, I found all the Lambda incarnations to be quite boring to play compared to her CT self

I doubt it will be enough to bring me back to the game again, but I'll give it a fair shot

Nothing's ever easy. Just gotta be patient and look for that mix-up, if Lambda's gonna throw a sword straight out or into the air.

It may just be me but I never use Drives vs ragna unless he is trapped in a sickle or spike hitstun, locked by gravity, or mid-combo. 6A, 2C, 2B, and 3C counter hits are awesome.

o/ lambda/nu thread -- ive actually decided to pick her up finally ^_^ so err point me to some good beginning advices -- also this has nothing to do with nu's fabulous mode changes!

Also try to come up with flashy things like:

and the shit in here:

If you stick with optimal combos all the time, you will get bored quickly.

Its only been like 3+ hours of online lambda play -- Im not feeling much difficulty.... but drive swrds are fun ^_^

edit : ty for the proper direction you guys ill give those links a try Toan -

@ someone-- dude why are you showing my spiffandiferous combos and beautiful things I have no hope of accomplishing in teh near future? your just a tease

You play Mu, so you already have a good sense of how to move around with her, and that's the biggest part.

its true -- i do get pretty good movement outta lambda -- Im still in the mastering normals phase tho

I'm not at home so I can't try this. But after a blocked 6DD in the air, Can I IAD Cancel towards them into j.2DD etc?

oh -- ive been wondering -- how do you guys crescent cancel?

I just hit C right after my D input. I believe hitting them together works too, but I play on pad so after is easier for me.

I just hit C right after my D input. I believe hitting them together works too, but I play on pad so after is easier for me.

hmm i feel quite foolish-- after so manygames with you online -- i never really recognized you on dust ...

Ill apologize now if you've gotten any kind of "in-fight" rage from me -- as I am probably usually pissed-perplexed at our stable 2bar that is apparently a 0bar in disguise which continues to fool me

hmm i feel quite foolish-- after so manygames with you online -- i never really recognized you on dust ...

Ill apologize now if you've gotten any kind of "in-fight" rage from me -- as I am probably usually pissed-perplexed at our stable 2bar that is apparently a 0bar in disguise which continues to fool me

Oh, not at all. Our connection really is terrible despite that fake 2 bar.

I'm always surprised by how well you can perform regardless. I'm not really that awful IRL, I swear! >_<

Lambda isn't that tough to learn and she is pretty straight forward. Most of the time you spend with Lambda is learning how to not make mistakes in neutral.

This part actually seems like one of the most difficult things in the game to me :sweatdrop:

Maybe its general experiance from fighting games that makes the curve steeper in new players.

Never really considered her straight forward too. Sure the basic idea is to not let the other guy get in, but in my opinion the differences in the approaches you can take with the zoning, like different use of gravity seeds, baits and the amount of mind games involved makes her more complex :P

It is. That is pretty much what you will be spending all of your time on. But I typically use learn to refer to things you can train in training mode. Combos, defense, oki set-ups, ect. I probably worded my original statement wrong. To me, knowing how to zone and what to do in neutral comes from match experience and I can't get much from trying to do it in training mode. Of course, I could just not know how to do it right.

And I just consider her straight forward compared to other characters. When I compare Lambda to characters like Rachel, Mu, Carl, Relius and some others, her playstyle seems very simple and straight forward. Not saying that it is really easy to effectively zone with Lambda though.

Probably would be better in the simple questions and answers thread and will be moved there in a bit.

Done.

Speaking of which, I'm gonna go ahead and add an FAQ section to that thread tomorrow since a lot of these questions seem to get asked over and over...

she does seem pretty straight forward honestly-- and since ive had ages to learn my zoning with mu- - spacing and neutral really arent an issue -- in fact im getting wins with ridiculous bs that i really shouldnt be getting away with

Im feeling more at home with her drive swords than I am with her normals tbh -- not that Im terrible at close range but .... meh atm really -- still hopefully by CP i'll be as good with her as I am with haz