Setsuna Yuki

[MB] The Maxi Boost General Discussion Thread

General summary for today's MB update:

Nerf :

-Sinanju - 4/6b melee, Red lock shortened, reload time for Sub and AC is increased by 2 seconds
-GP02A - CSa charge time increased, explosion size is reduced, nerf on proration rate (smaller damage on following it up after the explosion hits)
-Zabanya - CSa projectile speed is reduced, HP (720->700), Mobility is nerfed, AC does not instantly reload when you go into Burst, Beam speed for AC(Gerobi) and its damage is reduced, BC (Shield Bit) active time is reduced for 1 second and takes 4 more seconds to reload, Melee (Pistol Bit) reload time and general performance is nerfed. 

Change and Buff
-Gelgoog - Moveset is restored to Full Boost version. Got some buffs in ammo count for Main and faster charge time for CSa
-Strike - Moveset is restored to Full Boost version. Mobius Zero is allocated into CSb now, and it shoots Linear Gun too during the assault. Along with buffs on most weapons in all mode except IWSP.

Buff only
-GP01
-General 2000 cost units, gains more ex burst gauge from taking damage. Guts correction(bonus you get from how low your HP) and mobility is improved.

Zabanya - CSa projectile speed is reduced, HP (720->700), Mobility is nerfed, AC does not instantly reload when you go into Burst, Beam speed for AC(Gerobi) and its damage is reduced, BC (Shield Bit) active time is reduced for 1 second and takes 4 more seconds, Melee (Pistol Bit) reload time and general performance is nerfed.

lol wow, I know he was pretty OP, but I think in some countries that nerfbat beating might qualify as a hate crime XD

Sinanju - 4/6b melee, Red lock shortened, reload time for Sub and AC increased by 2 seconds

I'm kinda curious was this really a problem, or if this was just a roundabout way of nerfing his overall performance..? I'm a little ashamed to admit I haven't found an arcade near me that has the game to play it (or really almost any arcade at all apart from all the slot houses around...), but I'd thought the thing that had made new 3k Sinanju so damn good was having access to High Mobility Mode melee and debris kick without having to switch modes and losing the Heavy Weapons armaments, but I'm not really sure how you nerf that melee...

Strike - Moveset is restored to Full Boost version.

:(

Strike - Mobius Zero is allocated into CSb now, and it shoots linear gun too during assault. Along with buffs on most weapons in all mode except IWSP

Well at least there's that...I don't know, maybe I'm missing something, but I just find vulcan cannons to be really underwhelming in this game, and so was excited to see it get something other than vulcan cannons...

Vulcans were better than that terrible assist.  Buffed assist + vulcans sounds like a preeeety good step in the right direction, the assist was a joke especially compared to how it was in next.

I'm curious about what they did to GP01, it was kind of sad watching him in normal mode, it seemed like basically a straight nerf.  At a glance his vernier form didn't look all that better either but.

GP01 buffs (feel free to correct anything I did wrong)

Main:

- Ammo increased from 40 to 65

- The number of bullet used in a single shot now is 13, previously 10

- Damage buff: 1 hit = 13, previously 10

- Enemy harder to get to down state

Sub:

Basic GP01:

- Bullet speed increased

- Enemy harder to get to down state

- Sub now staggers enemy easier

GP01Fb:

- Beam speed increased

- Reload time shortened by 0.5 second

- レバー入力による方向制御速度を上げました。(not sure how to translate this)

Special shooting:

- Reload time shortened by 5 seconds

- When you respawn with cost over, Full Vernier meter will start from 50.

Special Melee:

- Added cancel route

- Boost consumption reduced

Two questions that I need answered about those buffs in the coming days when videos start coming out.

1. Does the 13 shots per volley mean he shoots 13 bullets in the time it took for him to shoot 10 or does it just last a hair longer?  Becuase previously the individual bullets were spaced about as far away as cheap vulcan shots and it was very hard for the player to properly hit confirm.(compared to a very tight stream of bullets like x-divider where you stagger almost immediately after the first hit connects)

2. If question #1 is true is the down value adjustment to make it so the down value is roughly the same between the old 10 shot volley and the 13 shot volley?

Don't know why they're being so cautious with GP01.  His red lock range is still butt.  He has some unique attacks but they always felt gimmicky to me.

Was in Hong Kong this last weekend, I guess multiple arcades there have Maxi Boost now

Taiwan just got it last night as well

BmCjX0wCQAACQ1M.jpg
https://twitter.com/hanepin_k/status/459546806032936960/photo/1

Has 3 version of armaments and can be purged optionally:

1. Anti Warship armaments : Missile, Grenade, etc (Can detach propulsion tank too during this part)
2. Mega Beam Launcher (bendable), Hyper Bazooka
3. Banshee Norn assist, Funnel Shield, melee

The general feel of the unit is same as Turn X in GvG NEXT.

re: Full Armor Unicron. This...this is my everything. This is what is going to make me comb every corner of this city looking for an arcade with this game. I don't care how bad or how good he winds up being XD

Wing Zero only gets one Zero System per deploy? That's...rough..that's hella rough.

That's fair. As he is now he can just run away till zero is up and go hard.

Just pair him with Nena.

-----

When's Maxter.

Now that 1k suits will be 1.5k and getting more armor anyone thinks we may see 3k 1.5 k be a thing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

I hear that 3k / 1.5k is considered weak by Japanese players because the health difference between that and 3k / 2k isn't very much so you might as well play 2k to have a stronger front presence.

I hear that 3k / 1.5k is considered weak by Japanese players because the health difference between that and 3k / 2k isn't very much so you might as well play 2k to have a stronger front presence.

Very true. I figure It May be considered as it may avoid an over cost etc.

That said, I guess only Alex would have a legit chance of making it work.

It's gonna be interesting to see how the 3 forms balance out. First form detaches with a command dash and second detaches with a pressure field. I guess it kinda enables you to play to your partner which would make it a good pick in casual shuffle play. I wonder about the strength of the 2nd and 3rd forms considering they don't have a BR.

EDIT: jesus christ check out the boost consumption on that riddhe assist. By the time it's fired and he cancels it he's down to half boost from full!

EDIT 2: looking again, when he does that assist he also uses up his 1 ammo for unicorn's own beam rifle shot, so it probably works weirdly. Irysa says you can probably cancel it early and riddhe will still fire but if you leave it you fire with him. Seems kind of dumb especially as there's no spread so I don't see the reason to fire both at once. The shields probably block attacks on you, wish he hadn't canceled it and let the sinanju BR hit so we could have known for sure.

I wonder about the strength of the 2nd and 3rd forms considering they don't have a BR.

Second form seems to have a more free form projectile game. He's got a rolling Bazooka similar to Sinanju and his beam Gatling gun, and an undisplayed 3rd weapon, it's not hard to believe that he can play aggressively with his kit, given that there are several existing top tier units that use machine guns right now.

Third form's armor purge has a new type pressure effect so it's likely used for free damage or making UC more dangerous to blindly rush down when at lower HP values. It's funnel shields weren't shown in enough detail to give much perspective but we know he has vulcans as a  counter measure as well as having a lot of melee options so it's easy to believe he's there for game ending chases or desperation setups like Quantum burst.

So whats the consensus with Master Gundam? Is he still considered the Destroyer of Worlds? Or was it a premature reaction to F Drive and having Master Asia get all up in there?

So whats the consensus with Master Gundam? Is he still considered the Destroyer of Worlds? Or was it a premature reaction to F Drive and having Master Asia get all up in there?

It has to do with the meta-game reverting to a more EXVS state. Notice how most of the pressure centric rush down suits from EXVS are still top tier in Maxi Boost while in Fullboost they weren't able to pull that off? Suits like FC actually fell to near bottom tier while others with a stronger neutral stayed near the top. Now most suits with a neutral game reliance have sort of dropped off in relevance or at the very least are not as good as the suits that don't rely on it as strongly. It just has to do with match pacing changes and Master plays more to the more aggressive tone of Maxi, according to Brett's old tier list for EXVS he was fluxing between S and A tier before anyway so it's likely just preference

It has to do with the meta-game reverting to a more EXVS state. Notice how most of the pressure centric rush down suits from EXVS are still top tier in Maxi Boost while in Fullboost they weren't able to pull that off? Suits like FC actually fell to near bottom tier while others with a stronger neutral stayed near the top. Now most suits with a neutral game reliance have sort of dropped off in relevance or at the very least are not as good as the suits that don't rely on it as strongly. It just has to do with match pacing changes and Master plays more to the more aggressive tone of Maxi, according to Brett's old tier list for EXVS he was fluxing between S and A tier before anyway so it's likely just preference

Well, that's a little bit of an exaggeration; Full Cloth is in upper-mid/lower-high/A- tier, so he's still solid.  I'll agree in general that the top tier suits are suits with a very strong neutral game due to the new mechanics and system changes.

According to gameplay I've seen, with the new Drive system and the overall feel of the game, it's gotten to be even faster than EXVS.  The HP on 3000s are buffed substantially now, so imagine how fast the matches would end if they were at the current HP levels.

Master was also in that A- tier position in Vanilla, behind Destiny & Strike Freedom.  Ironically he's in A in Full Boost, which is a higher tier, but there are a bunch of suits at S-A tier so he's proportionally not as powerful.

Well, that's a little bit of an exaggeration; Full Cloth is in upper-mid/lower-high/A- tier, so he's still solid.  I'll agree in general that the top tier suits are suits with a very strong neutral game due to the new mechanics and system changes.

According to gameplay I've seen, with the new Drive system and the overall feel of the game, it's gotten to be even faster than EXVS.  The HP on 3000s are buffed substantially now, so imagine how fast the matches would end if they were at the current HP levels.

Master was also in that A- tier position in Vanilla, behind Destiny & Strike Freedom.  Ironically he's in A in Full Boost, which is a higher tier, but there are a bunch of suits at S-A tier so he's proportionally not as powerful.

Whoops you're right.  My bad.

Agreed, Maxi is already a little silly fast, I don't think it's unreasonably so but lower HP would be dumb

I'm not someone who watched Vanilla when he made his arcade rounds but Brett's site claims he fluxed with Qant in S rank. And that doesn't necessarily mean he's proportionally less powerful, it could mean the lower tiers are significantly worse and that S tier is a much stronger pick. Given that some suits like Hyperion have invincibility, it's not really hard to see why.

Actually According to the japanese players

S= Overpowered + awaiting nerf
A=Strong MS (Or what they call balanced for now) Can be seen in competitions.
B= Ok MS but weak. Still seen in competitions. just not as much as S ranks and A ranks. (awaiting buffs)
C=Shit MS. Useless. Awaiting buffs.
D=Unplayably bad.

3K cost are more balanced for now. We have more As and only one S in maxi boost now.
But if they nerf zabanya to the ground Wing Zero (TV) will become the king of all 3K.

2.5K needs some work. S ranks 2.5K are too strong. Sometimes even better than a 3K.

2K = worthless in MB. They did buff them 2 weeks ago but they are still weak and worthless.

1.5K= Replaced former 2k in some ways..

With that said can someone provide a current tier list to corroborate his statement? I don't mind what you said so much as the fact it's not reflected in our last available tier list on the forum, where there were seven top tier 3k suits I'm left without anything to quantify your statement.

Additionally can you explain why each of the cost ranges are the way they are? Saying 3ks are more balanced, 2ks are worthless and suddenly how 2.5ks are the best does not explain why they are the way they are and as such cannot be quantified beyond an opinion. This is especially palpable when according to your own statement A rank MS are considered strong, and last avalible tier list reflected that there were plenty of 2ks in A tier. I just want to get some clarification because I'm uncertain of what you're trying to say.

With that said can someone provide a current tier list to corroborate his statement? I don't mind what you said so much as the fact it's not reflected in our last available tier list on the forum, where there were seven top tier 3k suits I'm left without anything to quantify your statement.

Additionally can you explain why each of the cost ranges are the way they are? Saying 3ks are more balanced, 2ks are worthless and suddenly how 2.5ks are the best does not explain why they are the way they are and as such cannot be quantified beyond an opinion. This is especially palpable when according to your own statement A rank MS are considered strong, and last avalible tier list reflected that there were plenty of 2ks in A tier. I just want to get some clarification because I'm uncertain of what you're trying to say.

Its all because of the over drive and ex burst.

Lets say I am using a 2K which has around 600 HP

1K cost = 300 health.

Or I use a 1.5K which has 500 HP

1K cost = 333.33

300X2=600

333X2=666

Cost wise. I have more HP as 1.5K which means longer EX burst. Now that we have the over drive system. Any 1.5K can do huge damage. Not the mention that more lifes = more Drive.

1.5K has 4 lifes which means 4 drives and around 4 burst too since you  gain EX meter for dying.

Lets say we have a 3K+1.5K team.

750+750+500+500=2500HP(No cost over)

or a 3K+2K team.

750+750+600+300=2400HP(I am not sure about the health after cost over for 2K)

1.5K is still better in terms of health. Even if the 1.5 got killed first. The 3K MS would still have more HP after cost over or just let the 1.5K go front and die 3 more times. Which is still better since you still have more over drive and ex burst.

They slightly buffed the mobility of all 2K cost. They buffed the ex meter and over-drive build up to try to solve the problem.

2Ks are not "that worthless now" compared to 1.5k but still a little bit bad.

Now the reason why 2.5K is because that they have some really broken MS. Like Susanoo, Banshee, Tallgeese III...etc..etc..

And why are they good? because they are arguably sometimes even better than some 3Ks.

Susanoo can use trans-arm in the beginning of the match and throw pizza the entire game. Pizzas under trans-arm is extremely painful and he can combo his trans-arm melee after the pizza. Now that susanoo has F drive. He can go Trans-arm in the beginning of the game. F-drive when he has it and F-Drive plus EX burst plus trans-arm after cost over.(Which is a little bit broken.)

So the reason 2.5K is good = They have broken suits. Extremely broken suits.

Now why is 3K the most balanced?

After the nerfs to sinanju and zabanya. We have no more S ranks other than zabanya. Even tho some suits are still slightly OP(Wing ZeroTV, Sinanju, 00-R, 00-Q)

We have a lot of A ranks for now which is a good sign. They even have to add A- A+ onto the tier list for 3K cost now due to the fact that a lot of them are pretty close.

But the B ranks of 3Ks are still awaiting buffs to be more viable.

P.S. Lower cost Suits has longer overdrive. So 1500s overdrive can be really scary.

Newest Tier List of MB from 2CH:

SS 鯖

A+ シナ ゼロ 00

A 神 フルクロ クア マス

A- 運命 ストフリ TX 羽 クスィ

B+ サザ レオス リボ 髭 ユニ 胚乳 ペネ

B ZZ DX Ex-S 乳 エピ V2

S バンシィ ジオ GX

A+ アヴァ スサ ギス 02 ハイペ

A 死神 X1 AGE2 乙 ゼノン

A- ヘビア プロビィ ZZ キュベ 忍者 ヴァサ スモー

B+ ング 百式 Pスト 隠者 電池 Ef インパ 03