Sign in to follow this  
worldjem7

BlazBlue CALAMITY TRIGGER Match-Up Chart

Can we have less "personal opinion" and more "actual matchups"

I'd say Ragna/Noel is closer to even due to his low health. Maybe 5.5/4.5 Ragna. Dunno about Litchi but getting past that stick is hard. BUT Noel does have a nice 5k off an airthrow on her. :3

Tager/Noel is even, maybe even in Tager's. Soz I've argued this too many times. Dunno much about Carl too, probably because every Carl sucks. lol vs. Nu is probably her worst matchup, she has no real blockstrings, everything can be backdashed out of.

Jin/Noel is bad but nobody will every agree (especially Jin players, lmao) so I just say 5.5 Jin.

Ragna wins in spacing, Ragna has higher damage hitconfirms, Ragna can overall do better damage off random hits. Just dealing with his 5B is a pain, 2B works but you can't get much off a standing CH.

Noel can't approach Litchi easily and has to take big risks while Litchi throws out (overall) safe moves which carry into corner which leads to oki. Noel has CA to get out of stuff but its easily baitable.

Tager is easy for Noel. 5B > Tager, 214A easily catches backstep. Fish for 5B CH, confirm to 3C and have fun. In the corner there's little he can do about 2C > 5B shenanigans. Noel does good vs Carl, but just getting hit = round over. She's got problems escaping pressure without meter too.

Jin's definitely her worst matchup, just say so.

lol Jin can't be her worst matchup when Rachel/Ara/Nu exist. But he keeps it real.

360a > 5b, don't try to simplify the matchup lol.

Sledge beats all of her C and D attacks btw.

Bang has two air dashes. Sounds simple, yet a game changer.

2C in the corner is great, you can use that to bait anything, 5B to beat mashing, just jump to avoid 360 spam. Midscreen 5B is the main poke vs Tager. It really is an easy matchup.

Bang can't mash D vs Noel as long as you keep pressure simple and visually confirm whatever drive he does into 5B/2B or jump. In CT her damage in neutral is overall better.

Nu is only slight advantage, Noel is fast and has a couple of really effective ways to deal with swords, like IB 5DD > Dash 5D > confirm to CH combo or even just doing CA when Nu does 5D. The fear gives her a little bit more room to move around but Nu still outdamages her and still has great everything else.

I put Jin on that same level of terrible as Arakune and Rachel tbh.

2C in the corner is great, you can use that to bait anything, 5B to beat mashing, just jump to avoid 360 spam. Midscreen 5B is the main poke vs Tager. It really is an easy matchup.

Can't agree, 5b surprisingly unsafe. Noel kindly gets AA'd by his 2a and 2c more than any other character because she has no vertical air attacks. (not counting j.D, lol) Mashing 5b midscreen will get you 360'd from half screen. He can grab the edge the attack and it will warp you into his hand lol. 5b is not a bad attack but it's a mediocre poke. Noel was given a new 5c in CS because she is essentially a character with NO POKES.

Anyways if you 5b and he sledges, you win. If you 2c and he sledges you lose. He cuts safe her buttons in half and mashes easily out of combos but can also get rushed down pretty hard if you guess right. A lot of guess but all in all he has the ability to output 10k faster than Noel can output 12k (he's 12k right?) But he's still Tager. 50/50

Personally this is an easy matchup for me because no Tager knows how to play it right.

Bang can't mash D vs Noel as long as you keep pressure simple and visually confirm whatever drive he does into 5B/2B or jump. In CT her damage in neutral is overall better.

lol Not only was I not talking about Bang/Noel (I was talking about Bang/Kune) but you didn't even respond to what I said. I didn't say anything about D attacks.

Nu is only slight advantage, Noel is fast and has a couple of really effective ways to deal with swords, like IB 5DD > Dash 5D > confirm to CH combo or even just doing CA when Nu does 5D. The fear gives her a little bit more room to move around but Nu still outdamages her and still has great everything else.

The above only works at extreme close range and CA is one combo. Nu has no problem keeping Noel out like the rest of the cast and has an even easier time backdashing from Noel's fake blockstrings.

I put Jin on that same level of terrible as Arakune and Rachel tbh.

lol If you think Noel/Jin is on par with Noel/Ara then you have no right to tell people not to post their personal thoughts.

btw no disrespect

ct jin is gay as hell man i can only fight him because i know how to ib and mash hotaru

Can I play the gdlk Tagers that do 360A to 5B on reaction?

You also should try playing against a good Jin, the match is terrible.

You don't do 2C or any D's midscreen to Tager, that's dumb. 5B is more than enough.

Can I play the gdlk Tagers that do 360A to 5B on reaction?

You also should try playing against a good Jin, the match is terrible.

You don't do 2C or any D's midscreen to Tager, that's dumb. 5B is more than enough.

You've fought against ChanceWizard last time we played, right? He could do a 360A's to 5B on reaction.

LOL If Chance doesn't 360 my 5b on reaction then he instant blocks it and 360's it.

And I've played against the best Jin's on XBL, Jin clearly has an advantage, but like I said, to say that Noel/Jin is the same as Noel/Kune is a joke.

Noel's BnB doesn't even work on Arakune, (except from an airthrow or the closest 3c possible)

ChanceWizard is doing it on prediction, not reaction. I asked him how he was grabbing my 5B's (ragna) on reaction and he said I was being predictable. I would imagine its the same for everyone.

As for the IBing, the dude is good.

Finally, I am not an expert on Noel or Jin, but I would be interested in hearing details on why it is or isn't so bad. From what I've seen, I would agree with Shynkz, it's in Jins favor sure, but how it could possibly be as bad as arakune I can't figure.

LOL If Chance doesn't 360 my 5b on reaction then he instant blocks it and 360's it.

And I've played against the best Jin's on XBL, Jin clearly has an advantage, but like I said, to say that Noel/Jin is the same as Noel/Kune is a joke.

Noel's BnB doesn't even work on Arakune, (except from an airthrow or the closest 3c possible)

netplaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Also what are you talking about "Noel's bnb doesn't work on Arakune"? It definitely does work.

Seeing how bad Jin vs Noel really is takes a really good Jin player, vs bad Jin's you can just CH fish and get by. There are no XBL Jin's left that I could call truly good to great besides ShadowRedZero and maybe OmniSScythe.

Noel's only answers to Jin's neutral game just doesn't even out against how safe he can play compared to the damage he can confirm out of. In ground neutral, Jin's main pokes 5D 5B 5C are all safe/relatively safe where he'd want to use it. Noel's main answers to those moves 5D, 5B, 5C, 2C and 3C are, in comparison, much more risky to throw out considering how specifically they need to be used. Noel's reward for landing those CH on the low end (5B) is approx 3k~ and hits upward of around 5C (2C(1), 5C, 5D). So playing safely, Jin just wins. Air to air, Jin wins no contest, Noel's best weapons are jA/B but you have to be relatively close to him while he can just throw out jB. Ground to air Noel does all right, but Jin doesn't need to jump towards Noel in this match. Air to ground Jin can just reposition himself to his his prime pokes. There's no real way to approach him with massive risk and putting you in terrible terrible situations.

On block/hit/CH he's rewarded with in your face, decent damage or knockdown, whatever, and now is in your face, guranteed oki, excellent pressure with various ways of opening you. Noel has a couple of escapes, most of them way risker and easy for him to bait (mostly IB 5D/2D). CA is ok, but out of the question when he has 25+ meter if he's doing a jc'able move (most of them!)

Noel's offense against him is all right, but he has good reversal in C DP, 50 meter is pretty easy escape for him, she has to work hard to keep him in.

The match just summarizes in her working way harder and taking way more risks and generally getting punished and being put in awful situations off practically anything. This match is about 6.5-3.5 for Jin for sure.

^this

Jin is very braindead in that match with no real risk while Noel has to try to mindfuck pretty hard.

ez mode terms: Jin touches Noel once, Jin goes on autopilot.

Noel touches Jin once, Noel has to bust her ass to touch him again and again and again.

Granted Noel's 5A is stupid retarded in CT, but even that's not enough to make the match any easier on her. Her mixup game is very lackluster and obvious since you mainly only have to look for 2D, 6D, or 6B. Noel cannot jump on Jin for the instant chain revolver 6B overhead because Jin can 2A/5B anti-air her jump in all day. The biggest issue like I said though is the fact that Noel's combos put Jin at full screen. At that point she has to try to approach again when Jin's zoning/poking is far superior and even if Noel is in the life lead, Jin's approach game still stomps Noel.

just wanted to post my opinion for bang matchups.

Bang

vs jin 4-6

vs litchi 3.5-6.5

vs noel 4-6

vs hakumen 3-7

vs carl 3-7

vs arakune 2-8

vs tager 7-3

vs ragna 5-5

vs nu 7-3

vs rachel 4.5-5.5

vs tao 1-9

tao beats out all of bangs moves AND she cant be comboed well

netplaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Yeah man I guess I should play the good CT Jins that only play offline now.

lol shut up fool.

Also what are you talking about "Noel's bnb doesn't work on Arakune"? It definitely does work.

It only works off an airthrow or an extremely close 3c. Even then his dumb falling hitbox makes the timing very tight.

Seeing how bad Jin vs Noel really is takes a really good Jin player, vs bad Jin's you can just CH fish and get by. There are no XBL Jin's left that I could call truly good to great besides ShadowRedZero and maybe OmniSScythe.

Beat em both. Not so much recently but I don't play CT seriously anymore. A month or two ago, though.

tl;dr

It's like he's not reading my posts, lol. The matchup is bad. It's not Arakune bad. If Arakune is 6.5 then Jin is 6. It's not her "worst matchup."

Bang

vs jin 4-6

vs litchi 3.5-6.5

vs noel 4-6

vs hakumen 3-7

vs carl 3-7

vs arakune 2-8

vs tager 7-3

vs ragna 5-5

vs nu 7-3

vs rachel 4.5-5.5

vs tao 1-9

tao beats out all of bangs moves AND she cant be comboed well

SOMEBODY MAKE THIS MAN AN ADMINISTRATOR

Serious business considering how close CT is to death.

Until the 1st or 27th hits for everyone who doesn't sport a Taito X2, people are going to talk about it.

But real talk when the 1st hits we need to do a big " move bitch get out the way CT " thing.

Bang

vs jin 4-6

vs litchi 3.5-6.5

vs noel 4-6

vs hakumen 3-7

vs carl 3-7

vs arakune 2-8

vs tager 7-3

vs ragna 5-5

vs nu 7-3

vs rachel 4.5-5.5

vs tao 1-9