Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vigilante

BattleGrounds CT present Fight Club every Friday! YouTube page is up!

Many of us, myself included, will be at Anime Boston for the coming weekend. Have fun with the poverty madness, though, and we'll see you later on. UGUUUUUU!

I'll bring JoJo's, Gem Fighter, Star Ocean 3 (for the versus mode), and IaMP. Oh wait, this is poverty fighters, so I should bring Third Strike.

I can bring the ULTIMATE Poverty Fighting Game!

Shaq-Fu

Many of us, myself included, will be at Anime Boston for the coming weekend. Have fun with the poverty madness, though, and we'll see you later on. UGUUUUUU!

perfect weekend for poverty because all the people that are too poor for anime boston will be at BG

Lol, poverty week, eh? I assume we're talking obscure games- if I go I can bring Bloody Roar 2, X-Men Mutant Academy and/or Eternal Champions on Genesis.

Lol, poverty week, eh? I assume we're talking obscure games- if I go I can bring Bloody Roar 2, X-Men Mutant Academy and/or Eternal Champions on Genesis.

Hell yes! And I have SHAQ-FU

I'm not a furry.

Thanks for clarifying, Furok, but that would be "tail", not "tale". As-is, it's just the story of some silly nerd with glasses who plays video games all the time. (Right, 'cause I'm one to talk :v:)

Fine, don't be there. You're just running away 'cause you know you'd get bodied anyways.

Gao...

Uh-oh ... does this indicate a not-so-well-hidden surprise visit from our friendly local neighborhood Zoob? :kitty:

Oh wait, this is poverty fighters, so I should bring Third Strike.

Tales, as much as you SUCK, you deserve a high-five for that. :yaaay:

Just a recap of games we've got so far:

Akatsuki Blitzkampf (Furok)

Arcana Heart (me)

Bloody Roar (Why-Disciple)

Eternal Champions (Why-Disciple)

Eternal Fighter Zero (Fraga? Furok?)

Evil Zone (Furok)

Gem Fighter (Tales)

IaMP (Furok)

Inuyasha (me) <*1>

Jojo's (Tales)

PoFV (Furok)

Senko no Ronde (me) <*2>

Shaq-Fu (Fraga)

Star Ocean 3 (Tales)

Vanguard Princess (Furok) <*3>

X-Men Mutant Acadamy (Why-Disciple)

*1 - if we hold a tourny for this one that has an entry fee, and I win (enough conditions yet?), I'll give the winnings to 2nd place, save for entry fee. I feel it's only fair, since it seems nobody besides me and Zoob have heard of this game.

*2 - really more of a blend of fighting games and danmaku (in every way that IaMP isn't), but it fits the bill close enough, I figure. Also, same deal with Inuyasha as far as any tourny winnings may be concerned.

*3 - I actually want to try this game out. DL'd it, but my PC hates it for some reason and it runs at 5 FPS (right, 'cause that's totally playable :v:).

Quite a few games on the list - hate to break it, but I don't think we'll have time for tournies in every game ... anyone have opinions on "priority" poverty tourny games? My list would be:

EFZ - Assuming we have it (Fraga, I believe you said you could bring it), it's probably the most legit game on the list. Meaning we should probably not bother, but why the hell not? Besides, I want to kill people with breakfast.

Inuyasha - Because why the hell not? Tag mode would be even better (although take longer). Just one thing: no Shippo. Even poverty has standards.

Jojo's - Tales seems really intent on it, and it sounds broken as all fuck.

Vanguard Princess - Like I said above, just want to actually play this game.

And perhaps Senko no Ronde, since it's probably the most different thing on the list. (Statement made without knowledge of how a few of the games work. Feel free to correct me on this point.)

What do other people think?

EFZ - Assuming we have it (Fraga, I believe you said you could bring it), it's probably the most legit game on the list. Meaning we should probably not bother, but why the hell not? Besides, I want to kill people with breakfast.

Vanguard Princess - Like I said above, just want to actually play this game.

And perhaps Senko no Ronde, since it's probably the most different thing on the list. (Statement made without knowledge of how a few of the games work. Feel free to correct me on this point.)

What do other people think?

Senko no Ronde and PoFV are both danmaku games, but PoFV is very similar to Twinkle Star Sprites

I can bring EFZ too lol

Vanguard Princess play a lot like a street fighter game. One of the zoning characters can even do a kara tiger uppercut into super

Hm, We require SETUPS, especially PS2s. I can probably bring Battle Fantasia (Is that considered Poverty?). Also bringing Sengoku Basara X

Sengoku Basara X is in Tougeki, so by no means is it a poverty fighter. Also, Battle Fantasia obviously had far too much of a budget to be a poverty fighter. They had a target demographic (teenage women) and everything!

Why hasn't anyone suggested Rainbow Edition yet? Let's take a second to speculate the kinds of people who played it. If we assume that bootleg products are generally cheaper than official products, we can surmise that the Jamma board for Rainbow Edition was much cheaper than the official board for SFII:CE. If an arcade operator knew this and willingly bought the board knowing of its status as a bootleg product (not necessarily its contents), we can assume that the operator did not have a lot of money to spare on a new board/cab. Considering that this is when arcades were much more popular than they are now, an arcade's success can be merited towards the amount of people who would visit said arcade. If there aren't very many people who visit the arcade, that means the people who would visit this arcade would not have access to a better one. However, since America thrives on the automobile, we can also conclude that if one were affluent and had the means and finances required for transportation, they would do so in lieu of frequenting aforementioned arcade. Therefore, we can consequently determine that the people who played this version were of a lesser financial status, much like the arcade operator(s). Taking into account the extreme popularity of SFII during its heyday, the passion poured into this seemingly broken version of SFII: CE is THE VERY ESSENCE OF FIGHTING GAME POVERTY!

Thank you for your time.

Uh-oh ... does this indicate a not-so-well-hidden surprise visit from our friendly local neighborhood Zoob? :kitty:

Zoob is employed, so he's going to Anime Boston :kitty:

Ok everyone, this SUNDAY NEBG Livestream will be up again! We will talk about Guilty Gear Characters and a special guide on Learning FRCs! Mindgam3 may very well be a Guest Host as well!

Sunday, April 4th at 8:00pm

Guilty Gear Characters

and

How to Learn FRCs!

Would anyone mind giving me a ride this friday? I'm in Ludlow, ~5 mins off of 91

Just looked it up, and you're not too far out of the way from Tales. PM your address and I can pick you up as well.

Here's the Poverty Week Tournament Results! Complete with a small story for each!

INUYASHA:

1 Nuclear Cheese (Koga/Inuyasha)

2 Furok (Kikyo)

3 Fraga (Kagura)

4 Tales (Kikyo)

5 Why Disciple (Kikyo/Sesshoumoru)

5 Scalli (Kikyo)

7 Obesity (Kikyo)

This was a fun tournament, we had like so many Kikyos me and Cheese laughed. Also, everyone played with a character who started with the letter K. Go figure.

FATE/UNLIMITED CODES:

1 Nuclear Cheese (Luvia)

2 Fraga (Berserker/Sakura)

3 Tales (Alter Saber)

4 Furok (Rin)

5 Scalli (Gilgamesh)

5 Obesity (Berserker)

This is the story of the night. I actually know how to play the game, and I can do combos with Berserker. Yet I lost in the Grand Finals after SMASHING through the competition. Que in CSI:

"Sir, Nuclear Cheese beat Fraga in the F/UC Finals"

"Well, I guess you can say,

*Puts on Sunglasses* That Fraga, Was OutCheesed"

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

SONIC FIGHTERS:

1 Fraga (Sonic)

2 Tales (Espio)

3 Furok (Amy)

4 Scalli (Knuckles)

5 Nuclear Cheese (Amy)

5 Obesity (Knuckles)

This game made me smile. Tales owns the game and I did exactly what Cheese did to me in Fate/Unlimited Codes. This was the Highlight of my night at least.

ARCANA HEART:

1 Nuclear Cheese (Lilica)

2 Tales (Saki)

3 Fraga (Fiona)

4 Furok (Konoha/Lieselotte)

We were so manly we played this. Every game I played vs Cheese I was always 1 hit away from killing him, except for like 1 round. Then against Tales we went to the final match, where Fiona kinda laid-over and died. Finals was funny though.

REMEMBER: This SUNDAY We have a Livestream at 8:00! ALL ABOUT GUILTY GEAR!

Lastly: Can someone throw me a program to edit movies? Some matches (Like the F/UC, Arcana Heart, Inuyasha, and GGAC Finals) are too long and I need to cut them down. Anyone have any recommendations?

Why am I only able to play poverty fighters? -_- Btw, we really do need an EFZ tourney next weekend. :D

Gonna try and make it down next Friday, so long as plans don't change a whole lot. Furok or Tales, if either of you need or want rides send me a PM with your addresses or directions from I-91.

GGs for poverty night! And thanks to Fraga and Tales for letting me use their controllers since my decided to up and shit the shit (stupid wire).

INUYASHA

Someone also picked Totosai for a fight, but lost 'cause they didn't know how to drop the cow; I also played Kagura for the first fight of the finals to spite Fraga, but that's just me being a jerk - I'll now admit Kagura is weaker shit that I originally thought (which is pretty bad, since I already had her pretty far down the "totally built by theory fighter" tier list).

FATE/UNLIMITED CODES

I found this game to be much more fun than I originally thought it would be from what I saw of it. Might have to acquire it.

This is the story of the night. I actually know how to play the game, and I can do combos with Berserker. Yet I lost in the Grand Finals after SMASHING through the competition. Que in CSI:

"Sir, Nuclear Cheese beat Fraga in the F/UC Finals"

"Well, I guess you can say,

*Puts on Sunglasses* That Fraga, Was OutCheesed"

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

:kitty:

SONIC FIGHTERS

This game is so bad, it needs to come with a Surgeon General's warning. I mean, I had some fun with it, but seriously.

And I'm not saying that 'cause I lost.

ARCANA HEART

This game seems to be the most enjoyed all-around. Now if only I could actually DO Lilica's BnB with any sort of consistency ...

Lastly: Can someone throw me a program to edit movies? Some matches (Like the F/UC, Arcana Heart, Inuyasha, and GGAC Finals) are too long and I need to cut them down. Anyone have any recommendations?

GGAC

... :v:?

Btw, we really do need an EFZ tourney next weekend. :D

Yes.

And Arcana (A REAL FIGHTAEN GAEM)

And yes.

Sonic The Fighters is officially the worst fighting game on the face of the planet. I think everyone who wasn't there needs to be forced to play it next time. :D