Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurushii

Premium Forum Account?

I know a lot of the Zepp Museum regulars and others would enjoy having a higher avatar filesize cap. I even would enjoy having a extra 50-100 characters for sigs allowed. We all know SRK has a premium service that raises the limits, but would it be possible for DL to have it? For example:

~$10 a year subscription:

-Avatar filesize cap increased to about 75-100kb

-Signature character cap increased to about 50-100 more.

I don't know what the admin pays for hosting but I would think even a few subscriptions would help greatly with the costs for such a small service added.

This sounds interesting but no offense, would people actually be willing to pay for it here?

I personally couldn't do it because I need to get a job which equals me getting money but it would be a nice option for those who do want it imo.

I think it is a great idea~ :3 that might just because I want bigger avatars. But $10 a year seems reasonable to me.

Lol if you can't afford $10 a year, gtfo.

Not that that's what it would be, but based on the example, and your response, that's what I'm going with.

(And I'm not flaming you. I know you could afford it. :X)

Also, I'd be interested.

Some other forums also allow sigpics for premium members....

...but something tells me that would be a disaster around here.

Haha it's okay I know I'm being pretty cheap. I understand what you're saying and that it's possible/probable that it won't be $10 but what I mean is I'm just concerned that a lot of people would not be willing to spend money for only an avatar and sig increase though it would highly depend on the price. BUT I will probably be proven wrong and a whole shit load of people will get it if the option is given.

I very honestly think it's a good idea that's just my concern.

Lol. I'm glad you didn't take what I said the wrong way.

I dunno. It might be worth it.

On SRK, instead of just file size, you can also have a bigger avy, which is nice.

(I could always use more avy space.)

I forget all of the details of what you get.

I mean is I'm just concerned that a lot of people would not be willing to spend money for only an avatar and sig increase though it would highly depend on the price.

It would also be to help out the site as a donation of sorts.

I forget all of the details of what you get.

Since i'm a Premium over there I'll transfer the details:

-Special Premium Only Section of the forums

-Access to previous EVO dvd's for download

-Name Changes (happens like once a year or so depending on MrWizard)

-Access to the Premium Skin for the forums

-160x100 avatars instead of 160x64 (New file size is 75k instead of 48.8k)

-Post count timer is reduced to 45 seconds

-Access to an Album for pics and can upload pics to any post in any forum

-Bypass the "Server is busy" message

-First dibs on new Evo dvd's.

-Private Message box limit increases from 70 to 500.

-Search timer reduced from 300 seconds to 60 seconds.

No worries, I've learned to sense/interpret sarcasm over the web because apparently what you say is supposed to always be serious business :v:

I won't lie a bigger avi would be pretty sweet.

Stuff

I'd pay for that.

No worries, I've learned to sense/interpret sarcasm over the web because apparently what you say is supposed to always be serious business :v:

I won't lie a bigger avi would be pretty sweet.

Everything I say is serious business. :v:

Forgive me for I am still but a wee child in this vast wasteland called the internet :v:

The premium stuff for SRK is pretty sweet.

so now when we see lame ass troll threads about what would happen if sol and ragna combined sperm and put it in ky's ass then dizzy sucked it out into her tail then fucked herself to get preggo, there is going to be a huge fucking flashing avatar and a big ass colorful sig right below?

SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA TO ME!

(this place just keeps getting less and less about gameplay)

Obviously, that would not fly.

And I play.

I like how people show support for an idea, and you post this.

Awesome.

I like when someone who has a flashy lesbian cat anime avatar sees a bit of criticism about an idea that is just going to make his avatar bigger and more flashy freaks out.

awesome.

HONESTLY, I don't want to have to wade through huge avatards and flashy sigs to find the little, quality information that gets posted here.

but i digress, most people who are in zepp museum all day will stay there all day and not mess with the gameplay forums.

I wouldn't mind about that. After all, I can just decide to not pay, keep on posting and let other people who wants those advantages pay for them.

So yeah, I agree.

Well my original suggestion I only stated filesize and sig character limit. Nothing about Avatar size or adding the img tag to sigs.

HONESTLY, I don't want to have to wade through huge avatards and flashy sigs to find the little, quality information that gets posted here.

but i digress, most people who are in zepp museum all day will stay there all day and not mess with the gameplay forums.

Among other things, you're assuming that the people who post shit like "JIN IS MEH HUSBANDU!!! ^___^" actually have 10 dollars to spend on a prem. account.

This is a very flawed assumption.

on the contrary, those are the people that probably DO have $10 to spend. It's quite well understood that most of the top players here are actually really poor/broke.

but whatever. once i see crazy shit going down with sigs and avatars i'm just gonna stick to guilty pleasures/character forums.

I like when someone who has a flashy lesbian cat anime avatar sees a bit of criticism about an idea that is just going to make his avatar bigger and more flashy freaks out.

awesome.

I'm pretty sure in my first post I said I didn't think sig pic would work out on this site.

Also.. god, I don't know where to start with you.

I probably play more than you do.

I'll leave it at that.

I'm jealous of your cool italicized name, dude...

That's awesome as fuck.

i know you BB guys weren't around to see it, but what Mac said was what dustloop was like back in the day. a few years ago the size that avatars were allowed to be was drastically reduced and people could no longer put images in sigs. and you know what? dustloop still had barely any info, but at least it wasn't FLASHING ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE.

srk premium is also a fucking joke. i don't want to see dustloop just turn into some retarded circlejerk while the REAL players (read as: the guys that actually spend all of their money playing the games) post even less than they do now.

All I'm saying is avatar and signature don't have anything to do with the player.

I'm sure there are just as many people who post bs with an avy/sig as people without them.

Also, it was more the disrespecful way it was brought up and directed toward me.

Also x2, had no idea dl was like that before.

Also x3, I'm not pushing for this, I'm more just saying I would probably shell out the money for it if it were available. Help the site, make myself look CoOL aS FuCK so Mr. Blunts can think I'm cool, it's a win win.

i'm all for the idea. Sounds good to me and makes me feel good that i'm contributing more to the community besides just playing and attending.

All I'm saying is avatar and signature don't have anything to do with the player.

I'm sure there are just as many people who post bs with an avy/sig as people without them.

Also, it was more the disrespecful way it was brought up and directed toward me.

Also x2, had no idea dl was like that before.

Also x3, I'm not pushing for this, I'm more just saying I would probably shell out the money for it if it were available. Help the site, make myself look CoOL aS FuCK so Mr. Blunts can think I'm cool, it's a win win.

dude i don't care what you think about me. i don't care who you are, either. i could care less about premium accounts as well.

what dustloop is about is information. not flashy bullshit. bottom line.