Sign in to follow this  
Spark

[CSE] Hakumen Q & A: New players check here first

The only thing i can think of trying to use back hop hotaru is if you predict a bang/ragna/hazama j.B cross ups and you backdash predicting it and Hotaru.

Or maybe that won't work and I'm just a scrub?

TK Hotaru > back hop Hotaru, since it's faster

so back hop hotaru / tsubaki are useless ?!

You use backdash because you have hotaru. You don't use backdash to use hotaru. There is a very big difference here.

so having hotaru in hakumen arsenal allow him to do safe backdash , I like it :D

Is it possible to counter in-between the multiple hits of Valk's astral?

if you mean the first initial upwards kick then yeah you might be able to counter that(I don't think it's unblockable)

but if you mean the animation, then no. once it's started it's started. also big heads up, valkenhayn can combo into his astral. that's about as much info as I have on him at least, you might have to ask someone whose played with valk/against valk for more info.

edit: unless you're talking about his distortion drive where he rushes you down with multiple hits(sturm wolf), you might be able to do that can anyone more experience in that matchup confirm or deny? :X (i'd test it but I'm posting from my computer at work right now)

Edited by Ronin Jinobi

Or watch the video I posted. If an astral can be used as a legit reversal, chances are it can be comboed into. Correct me if I'm wrong. I think he means his DD's not astral.

In which case yes, you can counter against each hit in his ground super. From what I tested, countering it tight though. You're better off just blocking it imo.

yeah I realized he probably meant his multiple hit DD, although I wouldn't bother trying to catch it unless your catching the first or last hit...IB-ing for meter is probably the better option. or if he whiffs and he's still in animation you could go for full charge 6C shenanigans :3

How does that work out for you?

it actually works, Ibing the most DD (somewhat tricky during the middle) gives three stars, then if you had Ibed the flurry of kicks right before the final blow you have time to JD into 5C>5C>enma.

coulda sworn everyone knew that though.

that is if they ever decide to just throw out the DD like that.

Well seeing how Valk is now finally on 360, good to know. I still like DD'ing Tao's DD though after a succession of IB's. Best match ender. Ever.

*sigh* I have a problem. I keep running out of Meter with Haku-men! Especially mid-screen, I can barely do 2k off anything.

What all can he do with 1 Magatama or less? I tend to use 5A>6A>3C>2B>Gurren>Kisshu alot.... :/

*sigh* I have a problem. I keep running out of Meter with Haku-men! Especially mid-screen, I can barely do 2k off anything.

What all can he do with 1 Magatama or less? I tend to use 5A>6A>3C>2B>Gurren>Kisshu alot.... :/

after gurren you could go for hop > 5A > j.A > j.B > jc > j.2A > j.C, if it's closer to the corner/in the right position you might actually be able to land a 2C > j.2A > etc.

running out of stars is kind of annoying but when you do hang back until you get about 4 or so to open some of your options up.

anyone else have anything they want to add that i might have missed? ^^;

Learn hop pickups. Excellent 1 star combos that do decent damage and push into the corner.

Note that just about anything except 2a will go into 3c on CH. You can use that to great effect. If you don't know it, the combo is:

[stuff] -> 3c -> 2b -> gurren -> hop * -> j.a - b -> j.2a -> j.C

* There are 3 moves you can use here: 5a, 2b, and 5b. You want to use 5b as much as possible, but depending on starter, gurren may not hit the character high enough. You use 5a or 2b in this case. Personally, I stick to either 5a or 5b.

Also, if you're only going to use 1 star, 2-3k isn't bad. I pretty much use the lower star combos so I can always have some stars on hand.

Also you can do Throw > Gurren > hop 5A > j.A > etc.

It's a little tricky to get those links down at first but once you do it's very helpful.

Okay, I get that bit as far as midscreen goes and have been trying it, but what about if you're in the corner already and only have 1 Magatama? I've done 3C>2B>Gurren and the Gurren bounces them out of the corner and then I have to combo them out to mid-screen again.

If you're in the corner, then you should be pressure them to, at the very least, build up one more star to start a Renka corner combo. But you shouldn't be losing that many stars in the first place. What are you doing as far as pressure goes?

Okay, I get that bit as far as midscreen goes and have been trying it, but what about if you're in the corner already and only have 1 Magatama? I've done 3C>2B>Gurren and the Gurren bounces them out of the corner and then I have to combo them out to mid-screen again.

mime thing is you need to block, conserve, and survive off your normals unil you build a suffecient amount of stars, stick with the 1 or 2 star combos (etc>gurren ,falling C loop)

in the corner if you are too close to the corner it will bounce them out, just wait until haku turns around them 2C>j2Aad to keep them pressured or 5C them into the ground then hop 2a/b for possible oki.