Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anne

[CPEX] Blazblue: Chronophantasma Extend News and Gameplay Discussion 3.0

grindin....grindin...grindin...smh

Got that song stuck in my head now, thanks a lot.....

That bug? It has existed since vanilla BBCP. It's still there in Extend because there were no changes to the existing Unlimited characters.

I'm blown away with how Kagura plays in Extend.  He lost a little oki (but that seems to be across the board) but got an actual run speed and effectively increased damage across the board.

Barrier seems to drain a lot faster now, either that or more of Kagura's normal take more barrier gauge on block.

This is funny when my training buddy played Koko since she came out and he now feels like our roles have reversed completely and now he has to be more defensive with fireballs and corridors.  I hope Kagura doesn't get nerfed :(

I'm blown away with how Kagura plays in Extend. He lost a little oki (but that seems to be across the board) but got an actual run speed and effectively increased damage across the board.

Barrier seems to drain a lot faster now, either that or more of Kagura's normal take more barrier gauge on block.

This is funny when my training buddy played Koko since she came out and he now feels like our roles have reversed completely and now he has to be more defensive with fireballs and corridors. I hope Kagura doesn't get nerfed :(

I've played against a lot of kagura with terumi in extend. I actually think that might be a bad matchup now.

@fame96 Are you saying its not good for Terumi now?  I can see that with the change to j.2D and no meterless overhead option so its would be even harder to open up Kagura now.

Do you really see any improvements with Terumi in Extend?  his pressure seems weaker or more reliant on 6B that can probably be reacted to with a dp for those with an option.  The jump loop is neat if a little tricky to learn at first but the j.2D change made me sad.

Hmm, only certain characters then.

I guess fast recovery throws were nerfed, while already slow ones remained the same. Haven't felt any difference with Tsubaki for instance.

Well, that was an obvious nerf. Nothing was more retarded to get punished when trying to punish a whiffed throw. Jin's was really too fast to recover.

Yeah; Looking at the old numbers, this is CLEARLY not as cut-and-dried as people think, because there was NO universal throw recovery time before.  The numbers are literally all over the place.  I just checked a few characters for humor value and found:

Jin, Tager: 15 Frames recovery

Hazama: 17 Frames Recovery

Tsubaki, Ragna: 19 Frames Recovery

Hakumen: 21 Frames recovery

Litchi: 22 frames recovery

So maybe we all standardized on 22 or something, which would make a lot more sense than this nonsense, and would be a lot more noticeable to some character than others.

@fame96 Are you saying its not good for Terumi now?  I can see that with the change to j.2D and no meterless overhead option so its would be even harder to open up Kagura now.

Do you really see any improvements with Terumi in Extend?  his pressure seems weaker or more reliant on 6B that can probably be reacted to with a dp for those with an option.  The jump loop is neat if a little tricky to learn at first but the j.2D change made me sad.

Well one thing is that 5D/j.D seem to de-summon Ignis now, which feels pretty big in the match-up.

@fame96 Are you saying its not good for Terumi now? I can see that with the change to j.2D and no meterless overhead option so its would be even harder to open up Kagura now.

Do you really see any improvements with Terumi in Extend? his pressure seems weaker or more reliant on 6B that can probably be reacted to with a dp for those with an option. The jump loop is neat if a little tricky to learn at first but the j.2D change made me sad.

236D whiff can help keep the pressure on the opponent. His damage is still pretty high and meter gain is still good. Air messenga buff is pretty big allowing him to. Confirm off of any punish with meter. J.2D now has a bigger super cancel window which allows for good damage with meter when it actually land the overhead.

What is the serious thorn in my side is the 5D nerf. The increased startup and recovery is killing me right now. It is surprising how much 2 or frames can make a difference.

The OD nerf was serious. :(

The main reason i say kagura is a bad matchup are the buffs that kagura got as a character. The damage alone makes it that we can't afford to make mistakes. I haven't had too many issues with DPs mainly because i like to change my frame traps around alot.

I've been trying to play around more with his other moves and i see potential to improve his foosies even if it's a small improvement, i won't lose hope.

I noticed the 5D nerf as well, that was his best spacing tool since you had all day to confirm it into 236D or Messenga on hit.  I didn't mess around with 236D whiff to keep pressure since I didn't figure out the range but I could see it being good against people that aren't willing to press 2A no matter what.  OD is universally shorter now isn't it?

Kagura honestly just lost oki and a "safe" dp as people were calling it but everything else was an improvement for him.  His damage is nuts once you maximize all his tools. 

I noticed the 5D nerf as well, that was his best spacing tool since you had all day to confirm it into 236D or Messenga on hit. I didn't mess around with 236D whiff to keep pressure since I didn't figure out the range but I could see it being good against people that aren't willing to press 2A no matter what. OD is universally shorter now isn't it?

Kagura honestly just lost oki and a "safe" dp as people were calling it but everything else was an improvement for him. His damage is nuts once you maximize all his tools.

Honestly the only reasons i would say the kagura matchup isn't bad is because when he has meter, he can blowup stance almost on reaction with messenga, however the kagura players have gotten alot better and know to condition opponents so it is not as free anymore.

His dinosaur limbs help us fight his neutral and terumi's 2C is a surprisingly good counter poke againest some of his moves.

B orb can be a bitch and now if we guess wrong, we lose over half our life, but kagura can still lose a big chunk of life once we get around 38 heat.

Well one thing is that 5D/j.D seem to de-summon Ignis now, which feels pretty big in the match-up.

What?  I thought those were projectiles?  Unless wifey got an armor nerf....

Is it just me, or does the game on PS4 somehow look worse than it did on PS3?

Could be the higher resolution thus making the game look more jagged than usual? I know PS4 ports of past generation console games tend to be...a mixed bag in the visual department.

theres like, a smoothing filter or something applied to the ps4 version. i brought it down to 720 and things look better than ps3 720, but running the game at 1080 does look a bit weird :>

What? I thought those were projectiles? Unless wifey got an armor nerf....

They are projectiles. So ignis gets sent back off of projectiles now? Finally!! Hated fighting Relius. All the lock down and pressure.

Sent from my ZTE-X500 using Tapatalk 2

Arcade version has a native resolution of like 768p, and the games assets are likely optimized around that resolution. Running at 1080 likely uses sampling methods to pump up the resolution of the assets to fit; but it's trying to create information from nothing, so it wouldn't surprise me if that's why it looks weird. 

Arcade version has a native resolution of like 768p, and the games assets are likely optimized around that resolution. Running at 1080 likely uses sampling methods to pump up the resolution of the assets to fit; but it's trying to create information from nothing, so it wouldn't surprise me if that's why it looks weird. 

And it lags more : /

What?  I thought those were projectiles?  Unless wifey got an armor nerf....

I think the property of Teru's D moves got altered instead of Ignis. Most projectiles will still get eaten by the wife with no damage done to her.

I think Teru's j.D and 5D may have gone up a notch on the spectrum of proj ~ phys, but then again I remember Noel's gun normals desummoning her recently (got clipped and de-summoned by a j.C I think?) so who can say? I wonder if Jin's 5D/2D has had a similar effect now... Hard to say right now.

Something I noticed, Dan ranking isn't visible in Player Matches, but they are when you watch a replay. Strange choice.

I think the property of Teru's D moves got altered instead of Ignis. Most projectiles will still get eaten by the wife with no damage done to her.

Teru's Drives, and Noel's Guns are physical and projectiles at the same time; both can trigger Terumi's counter, which fails against pure projectiles. Not sure about Jin's though.

This thread isn't for posting streams of you and your friends. Post moved.

Teru's Drives, and Noel's Guns are physical and projectiles at the same time; both can trigger Terumi's counter, which fails against pure projectiles. Not sure about Jin's though.

Well that was not the point. Because it had projectile properties, moves with projectile invul or armour like sledge hammer ate those moves regardless if it also has a physical property in 1.1

Usually having multiple properties is not a good thing, unless we are talking about Hakumen's Agito