Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

[CSE] Video Discussion Mk.II

oh my god who is that blue jin player.

agreed.

that uhd was one of the sickest matches I've seen in a while.

Do you guys mean the Jin in the one I uploaded?

The only one I saw that was blue was Miu re-calling purely from memory. Did I not put the names in the description? @__@ :psyduck:

Best finish ever. I am still laughing.

I lol'd when I first saw it and I lol'd again when you linked it.

That Ragna gold burst BK combos... did anyone notice that the BK ran out neaar the end of both combos (ran out before DBD was even inputted), but Ragna was still able to DbD anyways? Is this a new thing in CS2 or maybe just a flaw with the PSP version?

^You could do that in CT and CS1. You can still DbD for a little while after you can't even see the BK meter anymore.

I found Litchi boring at first, one day i sat down and learned all her normals and specials and when you actually understand whats going on you find she's not boring at all. Same with the squirrel.

Oh, yeah, CS2 litch is now pretty fun to watch. In CS1 it was way too flowchart-y. Like, 1 hit midscreen = 5k damage + daisharin oki. So 2 combos = dead. Now her midscreen damage is reasonable and it looks like she has to really capitalize on good starters. Plus more players are doing interesting things with the staff midscreen.

CS2 Makoto is like... pressure pressure pressure, hey look, an abare hit -> rc -> corner carry -> projectile oki to death. Oh, and wtf is up with her DP? I noticed that some players will not do the follow up to the DP but instead pick up a combo? Which... carries to corner AGAIN?

/rant over.

Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to sound ungrateful for all your hard work man. Thanks for the uploads as always!!

@xntrikcat

Ungrateful? nah bro, not like i designed her that way xD.

I've just come to the conclusion that everyone hates everyone in this game bottom tier (tager) top tier (bangu) or even midtier (i hear talk of mu being the new cs1 rags..and subsequently dropped).

My makoto atm is really basic...im not really messing around with those DP combos atm...though i should since my midscreen damage atm is :vbang:. However makoto is a boxing character..i always had a soft spot for characters like that so im a bit biased lol. As for CS1 litchi like i said trying to learn her i realized how difficult some of the stuff you see (any LK match will do) is so i came to appreciate it lol.

@xntrikcat

Ungrateful? nah bro, not like i designed her that way xD.

I've just come to the conclusion that everyone hates everyone in this game bottom tier (tager) top tier (bangu) or even midtier (i hear talk of mu being the new cs1 rags..and subsequently dropped).

My makoto atm is really basic...im not really messing around with those DP combos atm...though i should since my midscreen damage atm is :vbang:. However makoto is a boxing character..i always had a soft spot for characters like that so im a bit biased lol. As for CS1 litchi like i said trying to learn her i realized how difficult some of the stuff you see (any LK match will do) is so i came to appreciate it lol.

Actually I was the first one I head say this, so maybe you heard it from me :P

But yeah, that is why Mu is my new "I don't feel like trying very hard, but I wanna do 4k anyways" sub.

"I don't feel like trying very hard, but I wanna do 4k anyways"

Fucking lulz i love this game. I can't quite do that with Bangu though, and...we see less bangs in videos these days and not too much of Dora either sadly.

I too find this somewhat hilarious. Everyone says that you should buff characters to make them balanced so they are "interesting" and then you get a game like this where almost everyone is good and everyone bitches about how they hate all the characters because they are too good.

Epic.

Fucking lulz i love this game. I can't quite do that with Bangu though, and...we see less bangs in videos these days and not too much of Dora either sadly.

I'm sure Mu isn't the random 4K type of character...

she is not, people are overhyping it. only thing about mu is that her combos are easier to connect (in cs1, oftentimes when doing her advanced combos, you have to be EXACT with your positioning. in other words, random hitconfirms were very frequently dropped despite doing every fucking thing else right *rage*). theyre still not even that easy. its easier for her to setup without getting hit but harder for her to zone (shes a TRAP character, after all). oh, and she has actual pressure with the same shitty mixup so you still have to think about every single movement you do with her. l assure you guys she will noooot be easy modo like cs1 ragna. dammit people play the game for awhile first.

Pff! Why would we play the game when we can get a headstart on complaining now? ;)

Wasn't really complaining, thats just what i heard around the grapevine. Idk if she has easy 4k combos i assumed that luna wasn't being sarcastic...i've no interest in mu...and seeing as she's not getting combo video love atm i have no idea what she's really capable of.

*goes back to practice DP loops*

Wasn't really complaining, thats just what i heard around the grapevine. Idk if she has easy 4k combos i assumed that luna wasn't being sarcastic...i've no interest in mu...and seeing as she's not getting combo video love atm i have no idea what she's really capable of.

*goes back to practice DP loops*

I guess I could throw one together... hmm.

I think it's easy to hate on characters in this game because each char has something broken about him/her. When something's clicking, even mid tier chars can blow shit up. Look at Platinum getting monster damage from CH2c or that heart-forward-hop thing as a starter. Hakumen with a renka starter (but not zantetsu this time? wtf)... Valk's 2c jc j.c instant overhead into RC... Litch still corner raping everyone... Rachel's j.A... etc etc These things are going to suck when you're on the receiving end.

Doesn't mean the game is bad. BB's just got a period of awesome (when you're abusing the broken stuff) and a period of suck (when you're eating the shit). I still like each gimmick.

Anyway, back to relevant discussion...

Mu is pretty awesome once you know what you're doing with her. In some of the vids I uploaded there were a few Mu players that inspired me to try to learn her if I have to be honest.

she is not, people are overhyping it. only thing about mu is that her combos are easier to connect (in cs1, oftentimes when doing her advanced combos, you have to be EXACT with your positioning. in other words, random hitconfirms were very frequently dropped despite doing every fucking thing else right *rage*). theyre still not even that easy. its easier for her to setup without getting hit but harder for her to zone (shes a TRAP character, after all). oh, and she has actual pressure with the same shitty mixup so you still have to think about every single movement you do with her. l assure you guys she will noooot be easy modo like cs1 ragna. dammit people play the game for awhile first.

Well let me put it this way: Midscreen she is just as bad as everyone else combo wise, she gets about 1.8k off of 5B maybe more +Corner carry, however that same combo doubles as an autopilot scrub blockstring that has enough pushback to be almost unpunishable, that would take an IB, and someone with a long range 5 frame move to punish, and even then they have to dash for only two frames and hope they are within range of their move to punish it.

My first time in training mode with the character, I got 4.5k in the corner off of 5B into that same easymode autopilot combo, except SoD wallbounced, so I was able to 6A > 6B > 6A > stuff I was just hitting buttons and it gave me 4.5k, meterless.

I'd like to note that I'm not hating, or even belittling Mu players, especially because I'm pretty sure my character is gonna take the cake for this very same thing in CS2, I'm just stating what my impressions are.