Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anne

[CP] News and Gameplay Discussion 2.0

Makoto is much better here in EX as well. MUCH better.

EDIT: So is what they showed in that PV really it? It just seems to lackluster for some reason. Then again, CSEX was like this too. I probably won't get this until Christmas or something.

Oh yeah, how could I forget. Makoto is a character again finally. Those midscreen 236A combos look awesome too.

CP Extend going to have PS3/PS4 crossplay?

Nothing's been said yet, but hope to see this possible as Xrd had it. We'll probably get an answer from that whenever possible.

I'm not even talking about my characters in particular. I can deal with my characters being nerfed. It's no fun when EVERYONE is nerfed. And skipping the game is doing something, it's saving me money.

Bullet is much better. Guess she is not part of your majority.

Bullet's looking a bit better too!

For those who don't understand Japanese and why this is funny, that scene is from the Gag Reel:

Relius to Terumi: "Let's get married."

Ragna: "EEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?"

I guess i will avoid all those who main Relius then.

The short answer is yes.

The long answer is that, although the update was not particularly well received by many, there's no guarantee that was the actual reason BB was dropped from the lineup.  The EVO organizers have realized their fantasy of creating a fighting tournament every bit as shadowy and deceitful as the ones featured in the plotlines of the games they play — except that, instead of gathering power to help a madman achieve world domination or resurrect an ancient demon, their nefarious ulterior motive is to score as many sponsorships and make as much money as possible.  Which games are being played and which ones aren't has more to do with industry politics than the quality of said games or the health of their competitive scenes.

I personally won't be investing in CP Extend for several reasons I suspect no one cares about.  To those of you who are planning to buy the game, I sincerely hope you enjoy it.

I said before that people should vote with their wallets and boycott Extend if they dislike these DLC-to-full-priced-re-release tactics, but upon giving it more thought, my current feelings are that it's not worth the effort.  You're talking about a drop in the lake either way, and denying yourself the pleasure of something you believe you'd enjoy to try and prove a point to a company adrift in the tide of marketing trends beyond its control is silly.

Play what you enjoy, avoid what you don't.

I fail to see the logic in saying "not too many players are fond of " a version that most players that would attend evo have never played. Is he talking theory-fighter? Is he saying that the tourneygoers all play Kokonoe? Like, that notion makes no sense. Out of the people who go to evo, maybe 3% play in Japanese arcades lol.

As for Galileo, my understanding is he accidentally snapped his card so he quit, not that he got beat by Nu so hard he had a rage-stroke and broke it himself on purpose.

Overall, we get persona and Xrd at evo and CP2 won't be out in America till after Evo has ended, these reasons combined is why it's not there I think.

I figured BB was a more competitive game than P4A, but I hardly played P4A so I'm just guessing with my lack of knowledge and those seemly easy auto combos I seem to do

Nah P4 has a ton of depth to it. Autocombos are nothing significant since you only would use them if you had a bad confirm since they give you your burst back and a chunk of meter. It's like 3% of the game.

Overall, like how GG and BB have devoted fans who treat these games as their main game that they love, so does persona. It may not be ours but the situation is not dissimilar.

The update being unpopular is the justification the Evo committee came up with but the root reason why they didn't bring back BB for Evo this year is pretty obvious: After Evo, BB's tournament turnouts went down a lot to the point that it's usually easily the anime game with the least entrants for tournaments.

It's sad that a game with 500+ entrants at Evo dropped off in tournament attendance so much, so quickly but that's how things go in our community it seems...

Xrd is mostly to blame for this, what can you do. At least Extend is coming out so it'll revitalize the scene some. We're too small of a community to have a lot of people that play all games sadly. I try to play everything but even though I have 5 games I play I did drop persona so I can't really blame someone who dropped BB.

BB committed a cardinal sin of game design; they made it unfun. A lot of JP players were explaining why they stopped playing wasn't because of nerfs but because it just stopped being fun.

What does that even mean though? You can interpret that as people not liking their mains being nerfed or them not liking fighting Nu or Jin or a million different, person-by-person things. "It's just not fun" is an opinion more so than a game trait. I mean, hell, sf4 is not fun according to a lot of the best players but they still play it lol.

BB committed a cardinal sin of game design; they made it unfun. A lot of JP players were explaining why they stopped playing wasn't because of nerfs but because it just stopped being fun.

B-but...

13sm5tf.jpg

What does that even mean though? You can interpret that as people not liking their mains being nerfed or them not liking fighting Nu or Jin or a million different, person-by-person things. "It's just not fun" is an opinion more so than a game trait. I mean, hell, sf4 is not fun according to a lot of the best players but they still play it lol.

What makes ASW fighting games fun is that it's unorthodox, it's gimmicky, and that's what makes it fun. Creative freedom, so to speak. This is a discussion that can go on for hours so I'm just trying to paraphrase it, but when you take away that freedom, and everyone starts playing the same style, it's not very fun.

What makes ASW fighting games fun is that it's unorthodox, it's gimmicky, and that's what makes it fun. Creative freedom, so to speak. This is a discussion that can go on for hours so I'm just trying to paraphrase it, but when you take away that freedom, and everyone starts playing the same style, it's not very fun.

Well, I don't see it being taken away though. Even this subject alone is hugely up for debate and contention. I have seen lots of cp2 footage. Some chars are less free but others are much much more free. This sounds like it's coming from a Kokonoe/Azrael/Litchi/Rachel-centric point of view. Basically, lots of people who played the chars who got nerfed (who did well and thus have a loud voice, since they used the best of the best) are complaining about the game being less fun but I bet you there's tons of people who used some of the worse chars which now get to be actual real characters and do things who are ecstatic about the patch. Tager Izayoi Makoto, these chars seem like a breath of fresh air and tons of fun. Bang also is like that, though he always was fun for me.

All in all, I still have no clue what the hell that statement even means and am inclined to believe it's coming from a place of "my S tier char is only A/B tier now so it's not fun to play BB any more", to be quite honest.

Wouldn't that just mean you'd have to think outside the box more, which ironically would allow more creative freedom?

This sounds like it's coming from a Kokonoe/Azrael/Litchi/Rachel-centric point of view.

I can understand the Litchi and Kokonoe bits, but, why are Azrael and Rachel players complaining about this update? I didn't see anything too bad for either.

I can understand the Litchi and Kokonoe bits, but, why are Azrael and Rachel players complaining about this update? I didn't see anything too bad for either.

Ask Errol or TD but I think it's something her mixup.

Jin is still considered just as strong, but to me he seems kinda boring in CP2.

Just so you know, not every person who plays a strong character is a tier whore.

I've been playing the same characters since before I was even aware that tiers existed, it's just that I don't like the direction my characters are taking in the new version

Well that's just it, define "boring"? Boring has a lot of definitions to many people, so I think we should try to explain ourselves as best as we can so we don't miss a point.